GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What keeps us coming back?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 23/02/07 at 10:08
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
So what keeps us coming back to freeola?

What things dont you like about this place? (If anything)

What things do you love about it?

Is there anything you wish could be added? (Sod you Machie, im not reading through your list) ;)
Sat 24/02/07 at 13:18
Regular
"8==="
Seraphim wrote:
> So what keeps us coming back to freeola?

Gosh well um...

/Hugh Grant

GAD, decent english, a lack of sheep and a music forum that doesn't simply consist of people telling each other they rock because of their taste in music.

Erm, there's a lot of weirdos and to be honest I like you weirdos, you're interesting and you generally don't give a crap about what people think of your interests and that's all good.

All the people trying too hard to be 'cool' left and that's made the place a lot less, well, crap. There's no 'lolz' and 6-year old sarcasm, no emo student whines about how nobody loves them and people here tend to consider comments in more thasn one tone before replying: bloody good place.

>
> What things dont you like about this place? (If anything)

The layout, sorry, it's cheap and tacky and looks like a fisherprice website. If I was a new customer I wouldn't trust it upon first glance. Obviously it can't be too flashy but I think it might be worth testing out a few new layouts on the forums and, if they work, applying them to the rest of the site.

>
> What things do you love about it?

Getting an unexpected GAD, that's always good. The range of humour that doesn't rely on running tired south park gags into the ground.

>
> Is there anything you wish could be added? (Sod you Machie, im
> not reading through your list) ;)

Yeah sod you Machie. :P

Erm, staff webcams... yeah. ;D and 24hr Tonty vision where nothing car-related is ever doing anything wrong. :D

Oh and try to sell me things again, let's have some Freeola goggle eyes made-up or something :D
Sat 24/02/07 at 07:17
Regular
Vexxxed wrote:
> Wow I made it onto someone's good lists :-o that's quite amazing!
>
>
> Don't you worry Nin, we all know how good this place is and
> could be, so I'm sure some overhaul work will be coming this way
> once we've got some of our current projects finished off.

That would be great.

Seraphim wrote:

Sometimes there are glimmering sparks of interest. Sometimes I am the glimmering spark of interest. :)

The self-righteous, uppity, profane lurkers who ruin it with their disdain.

Most people are cool. Some are simply judgmental and there's nothing else about them. I find that there is more opportunity to express oneself now..more leg-room to stretch, if you will, and display a personality with opinions all your own without being pummeled, tarred and feathered by the natives for not nodding along with the rest of the bobbleheads.

I wish Freeola would branch out further with it's demographics. I find the chat forums are mainly designed around the old SR theme for gamers. Although we discuss other things, like writing, sports, and entertainment, soliciting broader forums (like home, fashion, medicine, child rearing, education, etc..) might help to increase the volume of participants.. which would, of course, increase the volume of profits for Freeola.

Sure we can talk about these topics in a general forum depending on whether we choose to text talk in General Chat or decide to write with proper grammar in Intelligent Discussion, but unless people on the outside know what this is all about, I'm afraid we'll continue to lack luster. Lackluster.

Hence, I wish for some Freeola lustre.

:)
Fri 23/02/07 at 22:59
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
Wow I made it onto someone's good lists :-o that's quite amazing!

Don't you worry Nin, we all know how good this place is and could be, so I'm sure some overhaul work will be coming this way once we've got some of our current projects finished off.
Fri 23/02/07 at 22:34
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Seraphim wrote:

The people on here, it's former glory i guess and force of habit.

I have issues with the people in charge and i still dont think they're running it very well.

This place is like the home you cant give up. The gates are rusty, the doors are coming off the hinges, wasters keep breaking in (Yeah you know who you are) and it's not clean and pretty as it was when you moved in but it's still home.

A major overhaul of the moderating system and a return to the old setup would be great. Neither are going to happen though, thats what happens when the lodgers care more than the owners.
Fri 23/02/07 at 22:22
Regular
"eat toast!"
More great members like Machie, Sera, Hedfix, Vampy, Sunny, Vexxxy, Borat (Where are you?), Twain, Flock, Smedsy, Pb etc

am i in there?
Fri 23/02/07 at 21:21
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
Alfonse wrote:
> More great members like .....Vampy....

*blushes*
Fri 23/02/07 at 18:37
Regular
Sera wrote:
Good members (You know who you are) and endless boob talk.

Shooby.

Shooby's nonsical ramblings.

More great members like Machie, Sera, Hedfix, Vampy, Sunny, Vexxxy, Borat (Where are you?), Twain, Flock, Smedsy, Pb etc
Fri 23/02/07 at 13:35
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Seraphim wrote:

The members :)

It's still too easy for idiots to spam the place and moderators need to have more powers to sort this out.

The members and simplicity of the layout (ie no great big bloody sigs and avatars!)

More mod powers
Fri 23/02/07 at 13:19
"possibly impossible"
Seraphim wrote:
>
I prefer the layout to other chat forums and I like the company.

>
Not enough people writing stories :D

>
Creative people, GADs, the feel of the place.

More formatting options, a free space to upload files, everything else is fine.
Fri 23/02/07 at 11:54
Regular
"I may return"
Seraphim wrote:

I dunno, I guess it's all you interesting people making me come back

*Thinks* Well, nothing I can think of... Except the possible midget here or there :|

GADs and users (I wont do seperate names, the list is too long)

> Is there anything you wish could be added?

A delete button.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.