GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mario kart Hints and Tips thread"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mario Kart Double Dash'.
Sat 15/11/03 at 10:06
"cheerios"
Well, I presume all of us now have the game or will do shortly so I just want to use this thread to post tips that you have with players and shortcuts on the levels etc. Post.
Sun 16/11/03 at 11:46
Regular
"tokyo police club"
AJ, your Bowser Castle one owns.

And have you noticed the pipes?

On Mushroom bridge, instantly turn right and follow the path to go into one, and on Peach Beach, keep to the left, and just at the first turn, turn left.

It doesn't give you no advantage, however.

strange
Sun 16/11/03 at 11:40
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Going down that middle purple passage is slower though unless you have a kart that can turn perfectly and possibly a boost or two.

Most of the time I've found it to be slower. And there are two-item weapon boxes just a bit further down the track anyway.
Sat 15/11/03 at 23:51
Regular
"rooooooooooooney"
Mushroom City (star cup) - on the first long straight, there's 3 possible turns. The first and last ones are arrowed. The middle one isn't. It has a double-item-box and is more direct.
Sat 15/11/03 at 23:24
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I have known about most of these shortcuts.

And a decent power-slide is better than the sandy path one.
Sat 15/11/03 at 22:19
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I've found another excellent shortcut.

On the Bowser's Caslte course (Special Cup), when you bounce down the steps relatively near to the end, when the robot Bowser fires fireballs at you and the other racers, instead of turning right and going around the square bit, just keep going straight and if you have the speed, you'll fly over the lava, shaving about 3 or 4 seconds off your time.

And on the Yoshi Track, when you go underneath the tunnel that is made out of Yoshi's hands, instead of doing this swerve across the grass to the right and boost across the gorge bit. A boost is required here for this to work. It saves a bit of time.
Sat 15/11/03 at 20:07
Regular
Killer Nightmare wrote:
> Oops, that spolier thing didn't work too well...

Heh, just what I thought...

I use the paratroopers as well, they seem nice and fast, plus they don't make really annoying swap over noises 'HI! I'm Daisy'
Sat 15/11/03 at 18:34
"cheerios"
Oops, that spolier thing didn't work too well...
Sat 15/11/03 at 18:33
"cheerios"
Nah, with me I use the paratroopers in that big bomb kart... or the toads in a kart I can't remember... Just have to do All cup tour and then
*SPOILER*

Mirror mode. What a class game...
Sat 15/11/03 at 18:07
Regular
My tip, use Baby Mario and Luigi (in their fastest Kart)

It always seems easier to win when I use these two
Sat 15/11/03 at 18:04
Regular
"You! Obey the fist!"
my "tip" for getting a boost at the start of a race(although not the best method by far) is to just hammer at the A button until it says "go"...this way you'll probably get the button pressed at the right time

course, it doesnt always work...and it would be best to just learn the timing of it...but hey, if u cant b bothered...jus do this!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.