GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mario kart Hints and Tips thread"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mario Kart Double Dash'.
Sat 15/11/03 at 10:06
"cheerios"
Well, I presume all of us now have the game or will do shortly so I just want to use this thread to post tips that you have with players and shortcuts on the levels etc. Post.
Mon 17/11/03 at 12:35
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Look at the unlockables page on www.mkdd.co.uk has nice flow chart of what race unlocks what, just call me Mr Helpful.
Mon 17/11/03 at 12:07
Regular
"hit the road jack"
What cups do you need to get gold on to get Toad? Is it Special 150cc?
Sun 16/11/03 at 19:59
Regular
Just how many Mario Kart threads are there now!
Sun 16/11/03 at 19:57
"cheerios"
I'm pretty sure most of you already know this, but on Waluigi stadium, on one turning, there's something like the dheat with the lsat mario kart with wario's stadium, but more noticable. Doesn't look like it saves you a lot of time though, and you need to waste a boost...
Sun 16/11/03 at 12:30
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Mattribute wrote:
> I'm a little disappointted by the short-cut side of the game.
> I believed there would be many more for me to find and conquer.
>
> Also, have you noticed on 150cc that when you're first, the computer
> gets many, many, MANY red shells and spikey shells? They got rid of
> teh old computer speeding up thing and replaced it with a stupid
> amount of power-ups

On one track I forgot to press pause, came back 2 mins later and every power-up I got was a star .....
Sun 16/11/03 at 12:18
Regular
Also, on Yoshi's course, after the 2nd proper turn (there's one more before the tunnel) there's a little hump that elevates you above the water if you're going fast enough or if you have boosted. If you're not going fast enough, leave it, but otherwise it can shave a few seconds off your time and it leads you straight into the tunnel.

:)
Sun 16/11/03 at 11:57
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Spikey shells = impossible to dodge.

And, also, i find that banana skins are the best method of protection.

Anyhoo, this one time i got hit 3 times in a lap by spikey shells.

Damn that Daisy cruise...
Sun 16/11/03 at 11:54
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Yeah, this is where having one of the Koopas becomes very useful. They can get three green or three red shells as their special weapon, and as the red shells are coming towards you, all you have to do is fire one of your own shells backwards to prevent getting hit.

As long as you've stored your weapons wisely, you should quite easily be able to avoid getting hit too much.
Sun 16/11/03 at 11:51
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I'm a little disappointted by the short-cut side of the game.
I believed there would be many more for me to find and conquer.

Also, have you noticed on 150cc that when you're first, the computer gets many, many, MANY red shells and spikey shells? They got rid of teh old computer speeding up thing and replaced it with a stupid amount of power-ups
Sun 16/11/03 at 11:48
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Mattribute wrote:
> AJ, your Bowser Castle one owns.

Yeah, and I did it by mistake as well.

It was in multiplayer, and something distracted me, so I wasn't looking, and then I realised it was too late to save myself from going into the lava, so I just kept going, and ended up making it over.

How I laughed.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.