GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I thought you were better than this..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 15/11/03 at 18:27
Regular
It seems I have over-estimated some of you. Only the minority, but enough to disappoint me.

"Mario kart has cwap gwaphix and the moosik is pants"

If you don't like the game, fair enough, but there's no need to make up BS reasons as to why.

It's a top class game. The music is quality, even if it is as IGN say, midi. It doesn't sound crap, it provides jingles that even I've been humming along to whilst playing, and suits the game well. After all, what would be the point in an orchestral soundtrack to a Mario Kart game at this stage?

As for the graphics. They do exactly what is required - providing top quality cartoon-style graphics that suit the Super Mario series so well.

And the speed? Sure, its not as fast as F-zero, but Mario Kart games have always been about using the items, not speed, to win races.

Again, if you don't like the game, I have no problem with that. But unless you really want to cause arguments over petty things, think before you spout crap.
Sat 15/11/03 at 18:55
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Complaints in relevance to speed and F-Zero are ridiculous.

F-Zero is ALL about speed, not like Mario Kart at all.

Both games rule, and I want to get MK so I can play it mooorrree!
Sat 15/11/03 at 18:42
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
I played it in HMV and on 100CC thought it was a bit slow. But I'll have a good thorough playtest when I recieve it next week.
Sat 15/11/03 at 18:42
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Edgy = god
Sat 15/11/03 at 18:38
"cheerios"
I've found no problem with the speed at all. Don't know what people have been talking about.
Sat 15/11/03 at 18:27
Regular
It seems I have over-estimated some of you. Only the minority, but enough to disappoint me.

"Mario kart has cwap gwaphix and the moosik is pants"

If you don't like the game, fair enough, but there's no need to make up BS reasons as to why.

It's a top class game. The music is quality, even if it is as IGN say, midi. It doesn't sound crap, it provides jingles that even I've been humming along to whilst playing, and suits the game well. After all, what would be the point in an orchestral soundtrack to a Mario Kart game at this stage?

As for the graphics. They do exactly what is required - providing top quality cartoon-style graphics that suit the Super Mario series so well.

And the speed? Sure, its not as fast as F-zero, but Mario Kart games have always been about using the items, not speed, to win races.

Again, if you don't like the game, I have no problem with that. But unless you really want to cause arguments over petty things, think before you spout crap.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.