GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Battlefield Bad Company 2 Thread"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Battlefield: Bad Company 2'.
Mon 08/03/10 at 17:02
Regular
Since the game came out on friday, and I noticed there wasn't a thread, I decided creating one was necessary!

Played a pretty heavy session on the multiplayer online yesterday and have to say I really enjoyed it. Essentially more of the same elements that made Battlefield BC enjoyable, but with slight additions and tweaks, same as COD MW2.

The ability to rank up points with healing and repairing, as well as the use of tanks and the usual vehicles etc make for a very enjoyable online experience once again

Also noticed next to no lag despite it only being out a couple of days, the only bug seemed to be that people's ranks didn't update, ie we got to level 10/11 and we were still listed as 1

Anyone else played it yet? Or planning to?

Discuss all thinks BBC2 here!
Thu 01/04/10 at 11:32
Regular
"THFC"
100% agree with the sounds, they are great, i love when an explosion goes off lol.

I have not tried my hand at the medic yet, but i will give it a go.

Do you prefer this to MW2... the big question lol
Thu 01/04/10 at 11:01
Regular
Medic for me, at least for the timebeing. I occasionally switch to Recon if the map and the current situation requires it (e.g. when I get annoyed of running around and dying loads). Loving the game though, the sounds are so much better than MW2.

I saw a screenshot the other day of somebody who has over 600 unique dog tags :/ I only have about 10.
Thu 01/04/10 at 08:19
Regular
"THFC"
I think it can be the same friend, but i aint sure.

Didn't get on last night, but will over the weekend!

I like to use Recon and Engineer. Depending on what i am doing and what map i am on etc. I think my game glitched, because i am only rank 2 i think and it gave me the gold trophy for getting everything for one class lol.

What do you normally play as??
Wed 31/03/10 at 15:45
Regular
Ohh I'm hoping I can get time to get on tonight. I'm working late tonight, then there's the Arsenal/Barca game so I'm not sure if I will get a chance, but hopefully.

Yeah I imagine you need to be on opposing teams, though I'm wondering whether you and I can just kill each other 5 times? Or does it have to be 5 separate friends. We'll find out.

How are you finding the game? What class are you?
Wed 31/03/10 at 15:15
Regular
"THFC"
McLong - i will hopefully be on tonight!

I am still wanting to get that Knife trophy, but i am assuming you have to knife a friend when they are on the other team, i tried killing a friend in my squad but didnt work (was in hardcore aswell!?)
Wed 31/03/10 at 15:06
Regular
Temporarily resurrecting this thread to show you this video I found on my lunch break.

It's all good, but check out 4:30 for a particularly amusing moment!
Tue 23/03/10 at 10:30
Regular
It seemed to be working mostly fine last night :) so I managed to get a few games under my belt.

It seems really good, enjoying it at the moment but need to dedicate a few hours to it before I can really get the hang of it. I've had multiple opportunities to stab someone in the face, but keep pressing the wrong button, influenced by MW2.

Did you get BFBC2 on PS3 or 360 Emmie (the latest winners sidebar says PS3 but thought I'd double check). It will be good to get a few games online once your net is sorted, and that should give me a bit of a chance to get my kill:death ratio a bit better!
Mon 22/03/10 at 10:51
Regular
"THFC"
My friend plays online and has never said about issues, but im hoping you can get it fixed! I remember when i had issues with COD4, it is so annoying!
Mon 22/03/10 at 10:36
Regular
Bought this game yesterday (PS3), purely for the online play and i can barely get a game!

It takes me several attempts to get through to the Multiplayer section (usuall says 'Connection could not be established. Please try again'). Once I do get through, and try to join game, it fails to connect to the EA servers probably 90% of the time.

I managed to get into 2 games yesterday, I got disconnected from the first game about 5 minutes in, and just about managed to finish the second game before I was promptly kicked from the server again.

I've set up all the recommended ports etc. I also did a quick search on the EA support site and seems a few people are getting connection issues, but not necessarily the same as mine. Most people are just having problems with friends lists etc.

Anyone else having issues like mine?
Mon 22/03/10 at 08:52
Regular
"THFC"
I have started the campaign, and got about 1/2 way through from what i can tell.

I really like it, just wish i had online to go play on aswell!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.