GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Favourite Double Dash Characters?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mario Kart Double Dash'.
Sat 15/11/03 at 21:49
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Well my perfect pair are Yoshi and *SPOILER START* Toad *SPOILER END*.

However I allways do use other characters, I hate Wario and Waluigi's kart though so i never use them.
Thu 20/11/03 at 14:55
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
50cc is over easy (so the kids have something to beat I guess) but at 150cc the weapons are flying everywhere.
Thu 20/11/03 at 13:07
Regular
Except for the 50cc mode of course, where you can lap them!
Thu 20/11/03 at 13:07
Regular
Yeah there is some quite good AI in the game isn't there? The opponents aren't just drones - they'll fight as much as you to win.
Thu 20/11/03 at 13:00
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Toad and Wario usually.. in a heavy kart that rams people out the way easily. Either that or I partner Toad with someone else small and use the Toad Kart - much more responsive than other karts.

I've had the thing where you're winning for whole race then something happens right near the finish line. Like Pirana Plants becoming suspiciously accurate and grabbing you, or someone shunting you into the sand-whirlwind on the last course of first cup.
Thu 20/11/03 at 11:37
Regular
So far Baby Mario and Baby Luigi haven't failed me, in either the Blue Buggy or the Toad Kart.

Have yet to experiment with others though.
Thu 20/11/03 at 11:27
"Darkness, always"
I've yet to discern much difference between the individual characters other than which category they fall in for cart size. The carts differ slightly within weight bands, but not much.
Thu 20/11/03 at 11:25
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Usually either..
Yoshi & Baby Mario in Mario's Kart
Toad & Paratrooper in the Bullet Bill car
Thu 20/11/03 at 11:25
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Rickoss wrote:
> Still, not as annoying as Flower Cup was on 150CC - last race, last
> lap, I was first, if I'd have won it I'd have won the whole thing and
> on the final jump someone used a Spiky Blue Shell.

I feel your pain I really do.
I've had the old Blue Sheel on the finishing line trick happen to me, and many red shells, and all manner of other CPU cheating (getting mysterious speed boosts even though they have no mushrooms etc.)
Thu 20/11/03 at 11:23
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
I like playing Toad and Koopa Troopa in that bullet car.
Toad's speed boosts come in real handy, and getting three red shells with Koopa Troopa is great.
Thu 20/11/03 at 11:15
Regular
I got to Rainbow Road winning by 4-points three times in a row and only won the third tiem I tried. I was winning for basically al the race then near the end some git comes along and throws three red shells at me. Bah.

Still, not as annoying as Flower Cup was on 150CC - last race, last lap, I was first, if I'd have won it I'd have won the whole thing and on the final jump someone used a Spiky Blue Shell.

Damn them!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.