GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Any news on Manhunt?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Manhunt'.
Mon 17/11/03 at 09:55
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
It all seams abit quiet about Manhunt!!!

The people who made Vice City, one of the best games ever, are about to release there new game on wednesday, (unless it's slipped) and there's no reviews, no hype, no nothing????

I thought this would be high on people's most wanted list.
Wed 19/11/03 at 19:11
Regular
"thegodfather"
It's still on coarse for Fridays release date.
Wed 19/11/03 at 16:49
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
Just read review on ign, looks quite good really, but depends on how it plays, as do all games.

Definatly interested. :D
Wed 19/11/03 at 16:42
Regular
"Whatever!"
It got 8.5/10 on IGN, however I dont trust many of their reviews. Still I will probably pick it up at the end of the week!
Wed 19/11/03 at 05:21
Regular
"Castle For Sale"
Lou Role wrote:

> Personally I think a multi-player 'hunt' would have made the game a
> whole lot better too.

Online would have been awesome. You could either decide to be in the team of hunters trying to kill the guy playing Cash, or you could be Cash and the one who's being hunted and have to avoid getting killed.
Tue 18/11/03 at 20:16
Regular
Don't reallt trust magazines which concentrate on just one console. OXM amongst other Xbox games give loads of positive scores and the odd negative score and then give it a decent overall score when the game is pretty crap on the whole. I will wait for Edge and Gamespot to cast their votes.
Tue 18/11/03 at 20:07
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Actually here's the 'PSI2 verdict'

FOR:

-Cash moves well, making stealth kills easy
-Dark, atmospheric and a bit 'wet-pants' scary
-Nasty cut-scene kills that shock
-Level designs vary enough to hold interest
-AI is spot on

AGAINST:

-Might be a little too linear for some.

Personally I think a multi-player 'hunt' would have made the game a whole lot better too.
Tue 18/11/03 at 20:01
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Until I see a review I really don't know how this game will turn
> out.

PSI2 have given it 8/10. It looks good and I will get it some time, but Need for Speed Underground is out this week too, so I think I'll get that first.
Tue 18/11/03 at 11:46
Regular
"Castle For Sale"
My tip is buy it at Game. That way if it's rubbish you can trade it back no questions asked and get your money back.
Or if it's good trade it back get your refund and then buy/order it from somewhere cheaper.
Tue 18/11/03 at 07:31
Regular
Chances are, this game could be banned if it's a violent as it claims.

To be honest, I'm not too fussed if it gets bad reviews. I've been anticipating this for some time now and will get it at release. If it turns out to be crap, that's my money wasted, no worries, I'll just trade it for something else or get a refund if I can.
Mon 17/11/03 at 22:15
Regular
"Notable"
im glad theres no hype. it ruined vice city

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.