GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Star Wars Galaxies servers"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Star Wars Galaxies'.
Tue 18/11/03 at 14:10
Regular
"lei fang!!!!!"
I am confused where in the world are all the servers for swg based and which is the most popular.

I love this game
Wed 19/11/03 at 12:44
"Darkness, always"
The problem with most of thse games (and especially Camelot) was that too much time is spent vacuously running around trying to level up.
Wed 19/11/03 at 15:03
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Loads of people complain of that and plainly miss the point of co-operative play. Leveling up can be done very quickly if you have a stong player to help you. For example, in Asheron's Call I joined late and was significantly below the rest of my mates in terms of level. So I went hunting with one guy who showed me the best places to level up quickly and because I had someone who could get me out of trouble I could go in for tougher fights. Also, he dumped all his old armour/weapons/potion/etc on to me that helped. That'll get you up through the first few levels. Then, a better player used magic to make my character stronger/more skilled etc with "buffs" (short bursts of skill improvements), this allowed me to fight enemies leagues too powerful for me normally, but with the buffs and constant healing I was rocketing in level.

After a couple of hours at the basic level, you just go on missions with your clan and take the bits you can manage. You're leveling up without even thinking aobut it. You know, fun.
Wed 19/11/03 at 15:10
"Darkness, always"
No, you seem to be missing the point that in order to level up in such a way, you need to FIND people willing to help in that respect in the first place. When I was involved, all you got would be a few people of similar or lower level asking to clan up and go hunting, only for them to completely miss the point of co-operating and run off in the middle of fights to kill some pathetic rat so that they could gain 2xp and returning in time to watch the one or two people who stayed to fight die and suffer experience penalties.
Wed 19/11/03 at 15:15
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
LOL! n00b :)

Obviously helps if you know people who play then, much like any on-line game.
Wed 19/11/03 at 15:16
"Darkness, always"
So now we've gone from "community atmosphere" to "it's who you know". Duly noted.
Wed 19/11/03 at 15:32
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I spent most of the Neocron BETA either searching endlessly for anyone else to converse with (They all congregated around the same area for some reason, despite there being a whole city to explore) or fighting alongside people in sewers beating the living crap out of giant rats and spiders to collect experience points and items.
Wed 19/11/03 at 17:45
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> So now we've gone from "community atmosphere" to "it's
> who you know". Duly noted.

I imagine that's supposed to be derogatory, but think about it for a second.
Thu 20/11/03 at 10:46
Regular
"lei fang!!!!!"
anyways I am on the game and loving it. The key with mmorpg's is to get anywhere fast you need to work with other people, AKA a community to get the full potential so the games ethics help the main aim of the game.
Thu 20/11/03 at 10:47
Regular
"lei fang!!!!!"
anyways haven't we lost sight of my original question. Is there anyone on here who plays swg, eve online or earth and beyond. tell me because I will talk to you on the game. I am on the ahazi server.
Thu 20/11/03 at 15:55
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
I'm waiting until Jan to get it as that's when ADSL is enabled here.

With regards the servers and where they are - hasn't that just been sorted for the European launch? So a number of Europeans that bought the game early are on American servers looking for transfers to the newly launched European ones or something.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.