GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Star Wars Galaxies servers"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Star Wars Galaxies'.
Tue 18/11/03 at 14:10
Regular
"lei fang!!!!!"
I am confused where in the world are all the servers for swg based and which is the most popular.

I love this game
Tue 18/11/03 at 14:10
Regular
"lei fang!!!!!"
I am confused where in the world are all the servers for swg based and which is the most popular.

I love this game
Tue 18/11/03 at 14:16
"Darkness, always"
Won't the servers be regional?

And I hold up a big "meh" to SW:G. And I sit on my thumbs waiting for World of Warcraft, which looks to be far superior.
Tue 18/11/03 at 14:41
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Better yet, Star wars: Knights of the Old Republic in over a weeks time, a bit like SWG, except not online and not with the added cost. A much better deal in my opinion, especially since it got better reviews than Galaxies.
Tue 18/11/03 at 15:00
"Darkness, always"
Indeed. I'll be getting it eventually. Just bought F-Zero and Mario Kart, so I have plenty to occupy me for now.
Tue 18/11/03 at 16:39
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
cipro wrote:
> Better yet, Star wars: Knights of the Old Republic in over a weeks
> time, a bit like SWG

The two are completely incomparable in any real sense. Comparing an MMORPG to any other sort of game is like comparing fishing to eating some crisps. You may enjoy both, or one or the other; but saying "what are you doing fishing when you could be eating crisps" is silly.

The on-line aspect IS the game. The friendly community is a huge part of why MMORPG-ing is a pleasant way to pass time.
Tue 18/11/03 at 16:43
"Darkness, always"
And yet.. the game still relies on NPCs to carry the game forward. The "commuity atmosphere" could eailly be recreated on LAN, and, in a few years time, by AI.

Besides, as a member of the online gaming community, I can tell you now that the thought of having lengthy interactions with millions of retarded children that can barely speak english yet are somehow able to use a mouse/keyboard combination really doesn't turn me on as much as you might think.
Wed 19/11/03 at 01:22
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Funny you should mention that - amazingly, you don't just talk to the first person that you stumble across. Well, I suppose you could, but if they're annoying/stupid/Welsh/etc then you can move on. Or, as I did, meet up with people you already know either from forums/IRC/real life (!) as well as unknowns.

You’ll also find your average MMORPG person is a lot more pleasant than your average DEATH MATCH SUPAR FIGHTEING INERNAT DATA COMPUTAR GAME XIVVM 2003 player. Horrible generalization, I know, but from my experience it’s true.
Wed 19/11/03 at 11:40
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Dr Gonzo wrote:
> cipro wrote:
> Better yet, Star wars: Knights of the Old Republic in over a weeks
> time, a bit like SWG
>
> The two are completely incomparable in any real sense. Comparing an
> MMORPG to any other sort of game is like comparing fishing to eating
> some crisps. You may enjoy both, or one or the other; but saying
> "what are you doing fishing when you could be eating
> crisps" is silly.

Exactly, and I'd have to say I'd prefer crisps to fishing anytime, although unlike MMORPG,s I haven't been fishing before. I have had experience with these types of games in the past, enough to know that I just don't like them, they don't offer me the same entertaining time I'd have with a single player RPG, hence the reference to Rebublic.
Wed 19/11/03 at 12:19
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Out of interest - what did you try?
Wed 19/11/03 at 12:39
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I had a go on the 7-day trial for Earth & Beyond, attempted to have a go of the 7-day trial for planetside and spent quite a bit of time on the Neocron BETA. Perhaps not experience enough, but they failed to convince me that they where worthy of full time investment.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.