GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How Fantastic is Prince Of Persia?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'prince of persia'.
Fri 21/11/03 at 20:04
"period drama"
Woo!

Well, not mind-blowing.
But damn good.

Wall-running and jumpy jumping, time rewinding and enemy stabbing.
Although he has a stupid posh English accent. Hello? Persia?

Good complex jumpy puzzles, amazing graphics, cool combat - although I think it'll get a little repetative in the end.
And very fluid.

But he dies way too easily. Lara could fall twice that height without a scratch.
But she sucks, so meh.

Yummy.
Sun 07/12/03 at 15:57
"griever"
the first pop was the first game i ever played
ruddy brilliant except for the whole hour thing
thats a bit weird
Mon 01/12/03 at 18:21
"period drama"
Apparently the XB version has another 2 of the old games (the 2D ones). So, if you like retro crap, you'll won't mind waiting.
Mon 01/12/03 at 09:00
Regular
"Laughingstock"
So it's like Blinx meets Tomb Raider except it's good. Damn PS2 exclusive. I'll have to wait for the Xbox version. Anyone got a 3 month hybernation pill?
Wed 26/11/03 at 20:17
"period drama"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Yeah, way too short.
> I've been taking it slow .. but still at about 80%.

*60% I meant.
Finished last night, but the original PoP didn't get unlocked for some reason. Me = sad.

I would definitely recommend it to anyone. Sort of.
The ideas are hardly original, but they're all pulled off fantastically - even though it only took 8 hours, it was great fun.

There's plenty of "woah, how cool's that?" moments, and the graphics and sublime. And the automatic dialogue between Princey and the girl is class - often funny.

The rewind function is a god-send. Stupid mistakes no longer end in pad-throwing and temper tantrums.

The only let down is the combat. It is VERY fun - but the battles go on too long (too many enemies) so it usually get boring before you finish.
You can battle loads of people at once by deiving your attacks between them, and there's a nifty head-jumping thingy. Plus you can jump off the walls, which is sweet.

You can also freeze enemies with the dagger, whereupon they go into slow-mo and you've got ages to kill them. You can put everything into slow-mo.
Or, you can do the mega-freeze which freezes everything and Princey slices them all up with one-hit kills.

Short. But so, so sweet.
Mon 24/11/03 at 21:50
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Same here, I am considering buying it, or maybe I might it for xmas?
Mon 24/11/03 at 13:46
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
I've heard good things about this game but have seen very little of it.
Mon 24/11/03 at 13:42
Regular
I remember when everyone was saying that the time control features in blinx could only be done on Xbox because it had a hard drive, but it doesn't look that way now...

Is it definately all that then? I had it recommended to me by my girlfriend's Brother but I already bought three games on Friday, so I gotta wait till I get paid before I get another!
Sun 23/11/03 at 17:42
"period drama"
Yeah, way too short.
I've been taking it slow .. but still at about 80%. Damn.

But this means I can go back to play OoT in no time at all. Hurrah!
Sun 23/11/03 at 17:15
Regular
"accidental superher"
finished the game earlier this morning....
i thought it was awesome...combat gets a bit easy by the end...cos the sword gets so strong. got a bit frustrated by some of the exploration bits near the end -though that was more because of my own incompetence.
highly recommend this game...even if it is a bit short
Sun 23/11/03 at 12:35
"period drama"
Okay, the comabat is swish. I just sorted it out properly, now I rule.

But now you're getting people who you can't do the jumpy thing over, those who can break your blocks and those you can only kill with counters. Which takes all the fun away :(

Answer me this - why when they went into the ancient palance on top of the newer one (which was a mystery) did they then find the soldier's mess where he says people would have been a few hours before?
Silly.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.