GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How Fantastic is Prince Of Persia?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'prince of persia'.
Fri 21/11/03 at 20:04
"period drama"
Woo!

Well, not mind-blowing.
But damn good.

Wall-running and jumpy jumping, time rewinding and enemy stabbing.
Although he has a stupid posh English accent. Hello? Persia?

Good complex jumpy puzzles, amazing graphics, cool combat - although I think it'll get a little repetative in the end.
And very fluid.

But he dies way too easily. Lara could fall twice that height without a scratch.
But she sucks, so meh.

Yummy.
Tue 16/12/03 at 00:38
zappa wrote:
> playing prince of persia, im stuck? is anybody on line that can help
> me????

yeah try and tear yourself away from where you are.
Mon 15/12/03 at 18:26
"period drama"
It depends where you're stuck, doesn't it?
I can't read your mind.
Sun 14/12/03 at 22:28
Regular
"zappa"
playing prince of persia, im stuck? is anybody on line that can help me????
Mon 08/12/03 at 18:41
"period drama"
And the cutscenes do deseve a mention, probably the most stunning I've ever seen. Even though there are only about 3 of them.
And the water is so beautiful, and the way it weighs down your stupid trousers after you get out is very cool.

I think the dialogue between you and Farah is really cool. Stuff like "there's a ledge just below you" is very cool and came at the perfect moment. Also Princey talking to himself is pretty funnah.
Mon 08/12/03 at 18:38
"period drama"
The rewind thingy really is a godsend.
Near the end you have to do without it, and the amount of silly mistakes and wrong jumps you make is amazing.

I wouldn't rate it above Ico, though. No way.
Mon 08/12/03 at 11:33
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
Played it for 2 hours last night, at 25% already, so it's definatly a short game but very enjoyable indeed.

Love the pulling levers and jumping over blades, stuff like that.

Now i've got the hang of fighting it's easy. each kind of baddie has a easy way to be killed, so once you work that out there easy to kill even if there's loads of em.

Good game but too short, just like ICO.
Mon 08/12/03 at 09:50
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Not quite as good as Ico for me, because the camera is a bit clumsy, but definitely the best platformer this (and last) year.

I think the accents are alright. At least they are well acted - remember it could be like Onimusha/Shenmue/Resident Evil...
Mon 08/12/03 at 07:17
Regular
Just borrowed this game off my girlfriends Brother. Looks like I'll be buying it too! It really is one of the best games I have played this year.

All the jumping, wall-running, time-screwing and even that time-freeze move you can do, where you zip round the room taking all the frozen enemies out with ease.

Fantastic game - moreso because it wasn't hyped up like hell.

Who cares if it's short? You get the original to play after that!
Mon 08/12/03 at 00:05
Regular
"accidental superher"
yes it's a good game...but i don't think it deserves a 10/10
combat is a bit shallow...and it's way too short
Sun 07/12/03 at 18:36
Regular
"garlic bread???"
ok, you can run on walls, swing on poles, sword fight!, it's everything a gamer wants and more. Rewinding time is the future, i'm telling ya. the superb graphics make up for the prince's cheesy accent. 10/10 for me.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.