GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Let's all think about Perfect Dark 2. Post your ideas here!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 02/09/01 at 17:52
Regular
I know we've had approximately 4.23 billion posts about Perfect Dark 2, but you all seem to get so excited when it's mentioned. And seeing as this forum needs a little life injected, I thought this would be the ideal way to do it! We all get a nice warm, fuzzy feeling inside when we imagine the prospects of this game, so let's share those prospects together. I haven't got time to post my ideas here now, as I've gotta do some work on NINTYuk. However, when I come back later today, I expect there to be about 1000 posts on it!
So, what do YOU think Rare should do to make Perfect Dark extra special?
Sun 02/09/01 at 17:52
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
I know we've had approximately 4.23 billion posts about Perfect Dark 2, but you all seem to get so excited when it's mentioned. And seeing as this forum needs a little life injected, I thought this would be the ideal way to do it! We all get a nice warm, fuzzy feeling inside when we imagine the prospects of this game, so let's share those prospects together. I haven't got time to post my ideas here now, as I've gotta do some work on NINTYuk. However, when I come back later today, I expect there to be about 1000 posts on it!
So, what do YOU think Rare should do to make Perfect Dark extra special?
Sun 02/09/01 at 17:59
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Perhaps PD2 will have the face-mapping feature that was removed from the original PD.
And a body-mapping feature to go with it.
And a map/mission editor, so we can make our own levels with doors, computers, guards and objectives where we want them.
Sun 02/09/01 at 18:08
Regular
Hmmmm it needs more realistic violence, say when you shoot someone with a rocket launcher the sholdnt just bounce off the walls, there body parts should be plastered all over the room, a lot like Half Life. Speaking off violence the weapon damage should be more realistic instead of shooting someone in the stomach with a shotgun and them just dropping to the floor, there should be a gapping hole where the bullets where(im sick like that).

They need to loose the Aliens for the sequel because I dont know about you but I hated the last levels. They also should hav none of those missions where you have someone following you around like Jonathan they just get in your way and you end up shotting them. Either that or imrove the AI on them.

Thats a few things there sooooo many more though.
Sun 02/09/01 at 18:10
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
You should be able to use a really powerful weapon to blow a hole right through a door, then use a sniper rifle to look through the little bullet hole and kill guards through the hole.
Sun 02/09/01 at 19:16
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Hmm, something makes me feel that the guards would be alerted from the first shot through the door and would react in some intelligent way. Do you see?
Sun 02/09/01 at 19:29
yes, i do
Sun 02/09/01 at 20:42
Regular
"Whatever!"
A lot of rumours suggest it will be played in a third person perspective to challenge MGS2 - There should however still be a FPS view for more accuracy and for weapons like the sniper rifle!!
Mon 03/09/01 at 07:58
Regular
"DS..."
The characters lips should move when they talk!
slik ~_~
Mon 03/09/01 at 08:43
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
yeah definatlety !! that was so stupid looking at the character while there rambling on through 50 words , only to find that there lips arent moving !! and there should be more advanced weapons , like heatseaking missiles and stuff like that.
Mon 03/09/01 at 09:00
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Here's a few of my ideas:
1)As many weapons as possible should have an alternate fire mode. We also need a good variety of weapons, like the first ne, except more advanced.
2)MGS-style sneaky bits. e.g. You have to escape from a cell with no weapons and escape from enemy territory.
3)Joanna should have no clothes on, whatsoever. Well, maybe a hat.
4)More vehicle interaction. Driving, flying, anything like that. Ofcoursem all vehicles should have weapons fitted as standard.
5)The inclusion of vehicles in multiplayer mode; should make things interesting. ;)

**PLEASE NOTE**
Idea 3 was a joke. Do you see?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.