GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"NFSU: First Views"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Need for Speed: Underground'.
Sat 22/11/03 at 13:28
Regular
Well, got this yesterday and had the opportunity to play it this morning.

This game is truly brilliant. The graphics are top notch, the soundtrack is kickin' and the physics & AI are fantastic.

Ok, so you start off with a crappy selection of cars, but obviously the idea is to work your way through the ranks and tune up your car. It ain't easy either - upon jumping into 'medium' difficulty, I soon lost my first few races - but that's mainly down to the fact the tracks are at night and it can be a little tough navigating round seemingly hidden corners!

There looks to be four race types - circuit (obviously a lap system), Sprint (one point to another in the quickest time), Drag (kind of the same as Sprint, but more focus is put on your shifting skills) and Drift (pull powerslides for style and points).

The first three modes are pretty simple and straightforward, but Drift mode can be a b*tch sometimes as one tap of the wall loses all your points for that drift.

The car I chose was the Honda Civic - purely because I know these are good racers in real life and a lot can be done to them (although most mods in the game are universal). I gave it a black paint job, added front. side and rear skirts and a new spoiler. Then slapped some 16's on there, painted them a black/chrome type colour and fitted a blue neon to the underside. Later, after a few races, I managed to tune the engine, drivetrain, brakes, tyres and turbo.

Well, I'll leave you with that I guess. I'm no good at reviews, plus I've got to go out now and pick my g/f up from work.

Let us know your views if you have it, and someone may want to comment on Online - I haven't tried that yet.

Anyways, I'm off.
Sat 22/11/03 at 17:32
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Anyone else online with this one?

Got it today but havn't really played it too much yet. Not had time.

Going to give it some play now though.
Sat 22/11/03 at 16:02
"period drama"
It does look very sweet indeed.
Although I don't know much about it - it sounds pretty sweet too.

All these good games seem to be creeping up from no-where.
Sat 22/11/03 at 13:28
Regular
Well, got this yesterday and had the opportunity to play it this morning.

This game is truly brilliant. The graphics are top notch, the soundtrack is kickin' and the physics & AI are fantastic.

Ok, so you start off with a crappy selection of cars, but obviously the idea is to work your way through the ranks and tune up your car. It ain't easy either - upon jumping into 'medium' difficulty, I soon lost my first few races - but that's mainly down to the fact the tracks are at night and it can be a little tough navigating round seemingly hidden corners!

There looks to be four race types - circuit (obviously a lap system), Sprint (one point to another in the quickest time), Drag (kind of the same as Sprint, but more focus is put on your shifting skills) and Drift (pull powerslides for style and points).

The first three modes are pretty simple and straightforward, but Drift mode can be a b*tch sometimes as one tap of the wall loses all your points for that drift.

The car I chose was the Honda Civic - purely because I know these are good racers in real life and a lot can be done to them (although most mods in the game are universal). I gave it a black paint job, added front. side and rear skirts and a new spoiler. Then slapped some 16's on there, painted them a black/chrome type colour and fitted a blue neon to the underside. Later, after a few races, I managed to tune the engine, drivetrain, brakes, tyres and turbo.

Well, I'll leave you with that I guess. I'm no good at reviews, plus I've got to go out now and pick my g/f up from work.

Let us know your views if you have it, and someone may want to comment on Online - I haven't tried that yet.

Anyways, I'm off.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.