GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MSN Virus Warning..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 01/09/01 at 18:35
Regular
Another virus is going round called PIC1234.exe. I discovered this when Big Red Machine from FOG tried to send it to me. I looked the the extension and it was .exe, so I knew that it was suspect. I delcined the download and I wondered why he would try and send it to me.

Then, I approach Ant on MSN and he is also infected. He also wants to send me the virus but it is in exactly the same wording as Big Red Machine's invitation. Ant informed me that it was automated and there was nothing he could do about it. He tried to delete it but it said "Access Denied".

I have just been informed by Big Red Machine that the username of the person is "Let The Bodies Hit The Floor" and his real name is Tony ( not from SR :D ).

So, under all circumstances, do not accept any pictures that have an .exe extenstion. Infact, only download picture with the extensions .jpg, .bmp, or .gif, unless you are 100% sure that the file is a picture.

Thank you for taking your time to read this. The hunt goes on for this "Tony" character.
Sat 01/09/01 at 18:35
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
Another virus is going round called PIC1234.exe. I discovered this when Big Red Machine from FOG tried to send it to me. I looked the the extension and it was .exe, so I knew that it was suspect. I delcined the download and I wondered why he would try and send it to me.

Then, I approach Ant on MSN and he is also infected. He also wants to send me the virus but it is in exactly the same wording as Big Red Machine's invitation. Ant informed me that it was automated and there was nothing he could do about it. He tried to delete it but it said "Access Denied".

I have just been informed by Big Red Machine that the username of the person is "Let The Bodies Hit The Floor" and his real name is Tony ( not from SR :D ).

So, under all circumstances, do not accept any pictures that have an .exe extenstion. Infact, only download picture with the extensions .jpg, .bmp, or .gif, unless you are 100% sure that the file is a picture.

Thank you for taking your time to read this. The hunt goes on for this "Tony" character.
Sat 01/09/01 at 18:43
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
I have ben informed that the person claims that Quazimodo knows something, which means that whoever started it is on FOG. I think it's Raw Is Jericho aka Jaxx or whatever his name is.
Sat 01/09/01 at 18:46
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
Oh yeah, and he has all of our MSN addresses.
Sat 01/09/01 at 18:52
Regular
his name is now damn virus dont accept any files i try to send you :)
Sat 01/09/01 at 18:57
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
The guy was mimicking Ant. We have a smooth criminal on our hands here.
Sat 01/09/01 at 18:57
Regular
Big Red Machine wrote:
> his name is now damn virus dont accept any files i try to send you
> :)

NOPE sorry wrong name still let the bodies hit the floor (sorry)
Sat 01/09/01 at 19:06
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I had this virus, I deleted my MSN recieved files folder saving all my pictures to another folder and the virus eventually left my PC. The virus doesn't do anything, it's just annoying.
Sat 01/09/01 at 19:21
Regular
shaneo wrote:
> I have ben informed that the person claims that Quazimodo knows
> something, which means that whoever started it is on FOG. I think
> it's Raw Is Jericho aka Jaxx or whatever his name is.

HAY, i did not create this neither did RIJ. I can't even create a decent .jpg picture. Anyway it is a listed virus and if it was created by me it would not be listed so there.
Sat 01/09/01 at 19:23
Regular
shaneo wrote:
> Oh yeah, and he has all of our MSN addresses.

Me have all your MSN adress's, my quazimodo30 account has been deleted as i have not accessed it in 62 days. and i ain't allowed to talk to you on the net.
Sat 01/09/01 at 19:33
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
Some freinds of mine from the USA are infected as well so it has spread around alot.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.