GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X Box wireless broadband?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/11/03 at 19:55
Regular
Have a wireless network router with adsl and 3 pc's, anybody know if there is any wireless doobri out that will enable my xbox to access the router/broadband? Can play on live from lounge then without cables everywhere.
Tue 25/11/03 at 19:55
Regular
Have a wireless network router with adsl and 3 pc's, anybody know if there is any wireless doobri out that will enable my xbox to access the router/broadband? Can play on live from lounge then without cables everywhere.
Tue 25/11/03 at 19:57
Regular
"8==="
I don't know, but good question. :)
Tue 25/11/03 at 20:17
Regular
There is a Wireless bridge that works with both Xbox and PS2. Not sure where to get one though as I'm going to need one soon too!
Tue 25/11/03 at 21:05
Regular
not that I know of matey, but if you find out, notorious is looking for something similar.
Wed 26/11/03 at 07:41
Regular
I knew there was something like that that existed!

http://www.dealtime.co.uk/xPC-Net Gear_ME101_Wireless_Ethernet_Bridge

You can probably get it cheaper than the above site, but at least it gives you a few companies to choose from.

I'll be getting one or two soon, when I get me Netgear DG834G...
Wed 26/11/03 at 10:40
Regular
Thanks for all the replies guys. Good call Bullitt on that site, went from there to another : http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk
Several good X-Box live compatable bridges - got one on order, will let u know how it goes.
Thu 27/11/03 at 08:19
Regular
Of course, we all know that wireless routers and networks are for lamers who are incapable of neatly setting up a wired network, which is actually much, much more efficient and secure.
Thu 27/11/03 at 08:22
Regular
Or perhaps they are more for convenience.

Why would you want cables coming out of your home if you decided to work on your laptop in you garden for example?

Or maybe you want to take your console into a different room but still want to get online.

Don't get me wrong, wired will always be the better option, but now there is a choice, and a lot of people can benefit from it.
Thu 27/11/03 at 13:01
Regular
Indeed, but we aren't talking about taking a laptop into the garden here are we?
Thu 27/11/03 at 13:30
Regular
No we're not. The guy is on about taking his Xbox downstairs. I reckon wireless would be the better option if he cannot network the relevant rooms up with cables.

Plus, it means he can move the Xbox around without having to worry about cables, as I'm assuming he will be switching between lounge and bedroom quite a bit. It is a good idea really. Costly, but ideal if you're not experienced with networks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.