GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox-How much do you people think It will cost?"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 01/09/01 at 09:59
Regular
Tell me how much you think it will cost and why.....@@
Tue 04/09/01 at 19:54
My brother in law works for MS and he said it will be $299 and around the same in the UK (£300) but obviously that is just for the standard kit of the xbox and 1 controller...

Apparently he was saying that Microsoft actaully are losing money producing the Xbox. he said it costs them around £500 but they make all the money back and the profit in the selling of controllers, games and software..

Hope this has answered your question and given u some interesting info,
Regards,
Lee
Mon 03/09/01 at 21:23
Come get some wrote:
> My cousin works for EA and he said its supose to be around 500 squid
> on its release day, due to being a compact P.C.

errr... all consoles are small PCs (the DC even had windows as a secondary OS for christ's sake)... your cousin is a fool
Sat 01/09/01 at 20:37
My cousin works for EA and he said its supose to be around 500 squid on its release day, due to being a compact P.C.
Sat 01/09/01 at 14:15
Regular
Johnny13 wrote:
> Tell me how much you think it will cost and why.....@@

too much, because its made by Microsoft :0)
Sat 01/09/01 at 14:10
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
I have only started saving for the Xbox and I SHOULD have around £350 by launch. If the Xbox is even more expensive than £300 I will not be very happy.

*Everyone check out Xbox.com as the have great backgrounds and screensavers of the Xbox. You can even email the Official Xbox mag and ask questions. Go there now!
Sat 01/09/01 at 11:58
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Basic X-Box and Controller £299.99
X-Box, Controller, DVD remote £349.99
X-Box, Controller, DVD remote, Halo and two other games £399.99

I'm just going by the deals that are on offer in the States at present, they are charging the same numerical amounts but with a $ sign preceeding the figures instead of the £ sign.

The $1 = £1 parity usually applies historically in the gaming market, but most people forget that in the States you have to add purchase tax at the till, and what with transportation costs to the UK, import duties, V.A.T., importer markup, retailer markup and so on, so to me the above prices seem fair enough.

£50 cheaper would be terrific, £50 extra would be not so good but within my budget for the X-Box.
Sat 01/09/01 at 09:59
Tell me how much you think it will cost and why.....@@

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.