GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GP32"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 30/11/03 at 13:30
Regular
"tokyo police club"
It's handheld, the size of a GBA. it takes Smart media cards. It has emulators for just about every pre 32 bit system going, as well as some for the GBA.

And I'm getting one.

So what should I do with my 128MB of space?
Go for a SNES collection?
Mix it up with some Megadrive classics?
Get a good set of NES roms?
Fill it up with obscure commodore games?

Advice, my friends, is needed. Although the Doom port is a cert.
Tue 20/01/04 at 06:42
Regular
I got one. Muchos good, although I can't play DivX movies as the supplied player is toss and you need to pay for GPCinema - but the website is down so can't do that either!

It's great playing Super Mario Advance 4 for free, reliving DOOM and Wolfenstein and even playing Half Life (although it's not the half life you expect, just a DOOM conversion).

MP3 Quality is pretty good through headphones - the speakers on the unit could be better.

I have to admit I had quite a few connection problems when linking the GP32 to my PC. Thankfully I have a media writer so just popped the SMC in that.

Very recommended as long as you know you will need to get your hands dirty - it's not just plug and play (unless you buy a dedicated game from Lik-Sang or something).

Oh, and the SCUMM system works very well, although I don't have any games to put on it :(
Tue 20/01/04 at 13:24
Regular
"All about the Beats"
SCUMM?
Tue 20/01/04 at 13:33
Regular
Er, yeh. Sorry!

SCUMM is a system which runs the Lucasarts classic animated games, like Day of the Tentacle, Sam and Max, Monkey Island etc.

You get a DOTT demo with the system which is very fluid and the sound is top notch. It's one of the main selling points of the GP32 apparently.
Tue 20/01/04 at 17:35
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Can you get Full Throttle?

That would be kool.
Tue 20/01/04 at 19:28
Regular
Apparently it's only 60% compatible at the moment. Which is a shame as that is the only Animated Lucasarts game I own. Might give it a shot though.

I'll let you know if I have any luck.
Fri 06/02/04 at 15:24
Regular
"All about the Beats"
ßulle††™ wrote:
> Apparently it's only 60% compatible at the moment. Which is a shame as
> that is the only Animated Lucasarts game I own. Might give it a shot
> though.
>
> I'll let you know if I have any luck.

70% compatable now!

Game is completable to the end, but with several glitches
- Both Mac and PC versions supported by this target
- Music is not continuous, and may pause, restart, and otherwise act oddly
- SMUSH audio (movie cutscenes) is a lot quieter than in-game voice, which is abnormally loud
Fri 06/02/04 at 16:46
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I want monkey island.
Sat 07/02/04 at 14:23
Regular
""To the pub...""
Hmm i'm gonna buy GP32 which is cheaper and can get next day delivery but have to fiddle around with it a bit more to watch films etc.

£150 flu version with uk next day delivery and cd full of software/emulators/roms/videos etc u can use on the gp32.

and then when i've got enough money etc when the zodiac gets released over in spring i might buy one of them.

one more question for bullet can you get a application on the GP32 that is like word on the pc ?
Sat 07/02/04 at 20:16
Regular
"All about the Beats"
£150?

You can get FLU's for £130 new.
Sat 07/02/04 at 23:19
Regular
"tokyo police club"
GP32 > Zodiac.

By the name alone.

And the fact that i own a gP32

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.