GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MKDD - DK Mountain great shortcut"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mario Kart Double Dash'.
Tue 02/12/03 at 01:48
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Just managed to do it 2 laps out of 3 (chickened out on last lap!) and shaved 10.2 seconds off my best time, hard to explain where to jump the canyon but below text should help:

The trick obviously is to be able to cross that canyon that the path takes you around. And if you position your kart right where the fence ends, pointing directly across to the corner on the other side, you can just drive leisurely over. Piece of cake, really - with glazing and all.

With a bit of investigation the point where to cross the canyon is obvious, even with virtually stopping to set yourself up right, hello 5 second saving per lap :)
Wed 03/12/03 at 17:17
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
it's a good one isn't it !, well worth it even if you virtuslly stop, line up and go, can't fail to win :)
Wed 03/12/03 at 12:50
Regular
"Booooom"
Wow, good s'cut, its pretty hard to do it properly, i normally go slowly then when i get near it powerslide onto the side and sharply turn, i dont get it always, and i was milliseconds away from unlocking mr.staff ghost:p
Wed 03/12/03 at 09:09
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
must be, even with almost stopping to line myself up I save around 4 seconds a lap, will find a video clip for ya.
Wed 03/12/03 at 08:24
Regular
Bah, added 3 seconds to my time :-\ Perhaps I'm doing it wrong.
Tue 02/12/03 at 20:10
"The Will of D."
yeah i found where he meant, but for me it's safer and easier to just go round it as i can do that easily without any danger of falling in except maybe intentionally by some other player.
Tue 02/12/03 at 19:55
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
It is the jagged canyon, even if you have to come to a standstill and line yourself up, go as close the the fence end as you can and you land on the other side easily.
Tue 02/12/03 at 18:23
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I've known of this for ages...
Tue 02/12/03 at 18:11
Regular
"CHEESE RACING!!!!!"
i think hes talking about the (third?) hairpin after the cannon where theres an annoying hole apparantly u can drive across it

i always fall down that little bleeder
Tue 02/12/03 at 16:11
"The Will of D."
Is this rght after you come out of the barrel cannon at the top of the mountain? So this is basically head directly down and to the right a bit from where you get the boxes on your way down?
Tue 02/12/03 at 14:29
Regular
Hhhhmmm, 5 seconds? Sounds very good, I'll give it a try later on tonight.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.