GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Which Racer Rules?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 02/12/03 at 15:45
Regular
Hi im undecided on how to spend my hard earned cash but i really want a racer. i have a Gamecube and an Xbox so format doesnt matter too much but what i need to know is which is better:

Need for Speed Underground
Project Gotham 2
or
Burnout 2

any ideas?
Thu 04/12/03 at 19:48
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Out of the 3 racers listed in the original post, I would have to say I prefer NFSU.

I own the 3 games in question and to me PGR2 seems a bit boring, it has the KUDOS sytem which was probably one of it's strongest points, but both Burnout 2 and NFS have a similar system now.

I prefer NFS because I am a car fan, and I do buy mags like Max Power and Fast Car, so NFSU is a game I've always imagined playing before the developers even thought it up(probably). Burnout 2 is brilliant fun too and is good for a good quick race, but I couldn't play it for hours like NFS.

But probably one of my favourite racers of all time, I think that would probably be Destruction Derby 2.
Wed 03/12/03 at 18:27
"I love yo... lamp."
There was definitely a Lotus game on the Speccy. I loved it so much. My favourite racer until MSR. It had an engine noise and 3 different types of bleeps.
Wed 03/12/03 at 18:26
Regular
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> Well it surpasses mine. Racer wise it is even better than Lotus
> Challenge on the Spectrum.

Lotus Challenge was on the Amiga wasn't it? although I do recall a lotus game of some description on the speccy, but in that you had to catch hitmen and blow people up.

mario kart eh?? what about stunt race FX?
Wed 03/12/03 at 18:10
"I love yo... lamp."
Well it surpasses mine. Racer wise it is even better than Lotus Challenge on the Spectrum.
Wed 03/12/03 at 17:59
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I'm fairly sure that PGR2 can't match my MK memories, but I'll give it a try anyways.

Also, MK is still a great game, both in gameplay and graphics terms...
Wed 03/12/03 at 17:57
"I love yo... lamp."
It was good. At the time. Now PGR 2 is along and it is best racer ever. Try playing it before you argue otherwise.
Wed 03/12/03 at 17:52
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I'm nearly 16, dammit. I've gamed for most of my life.

And what relevance does me being alive have anything to do with MK's greatness?
Wed 03/12/03 at 17:46
"I love yo... lamp."
I laugh above someone who is too young too remember it being released.
Wed 03/12/03 at 17:43
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Matt laughs in your face at that remark
Wed 03/12/03 at 17:38
"I love yo... lamp."
Yes it is.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.