GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Which Racer Rules?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 02/12/03 at 15:45
Regular
Hi im undecided on how to spend my hard earned cash but i really want a racer. i have a Gamecube and an Xbox so format doesnt matter too much but what i need to know is which is better:

Need for Speed Underground
Project Gotham 2
or
Burnout 2

any ideas?
Tue 02/12/03 at 15:45
Regular
Hi im undecided on how to spend my hard earned cash but i really want a racer. i have a Gamecube and an Xbox so format doesnt matter too much but what i need to know is which is better:

Need for Speed Underground
Project Gotham 2
or
Burnout 2

any ideas?
Tue 02/12/03 at 19:29
Regular
PGR2 and Burnout 2 are both very good.

Depends what you want - PGR2 is a far more 'serious' racer for those looking for a realistic and challenging title.

Burnout 2 is not realistic at all, but is just a pick up and play title to have a quick blast on when you've got a spare few minutes.

I'll soon have both so don't have to choose *smug grin*
Tue 02/12/03 at 19:36
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I want PGR2, so i guess I'd side with that...
Tue 02/12/03 at 21:12
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Serious racers = sucky

Fun racers (i.e Burnout 2) = Brilliant

Both > NFS: U

Serious or fun?
Tue 02/12/03 at 21:13
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I like racer which is about skill rather than 'fun'

Mario kart on time trial... mmmm....
Tue 02/12/03 at 21:14
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Although you could argue that Mario Kart is about both...
Wed 03/12/03 at 17:04
"I love yo... lamp."
PGR 2 is the best. It is not a real serious racer, to me a serious racer is Sega GT or Gran Turismo where you tune up the the cars win races, get money and buy more cars.

PGR 2 is almost arcade like in that it is just races, no buying or selling cars. Sure you get some cars by using tokens you get from getting points, but it is not the same.

It handles more like a serious racer though, it is not like Burnout 2.

Simply put, it is the greatest racing game ever created. And racers are my speciality.
Wed 03/12/03 at 17:24
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I'm sorry, but better than the original MK?

That, sir, is a lie.
Wed 03/12/03 at 17:38
"I love yo... lamp."
Yes it is.
Wed 03/12/03 at 17:43
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Matt laughs in your face at that remark

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.