GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Disappointed"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/12/03 at 17:00
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Today on the way home from work I picked up a second hand copy of Viewtiful Joe. I've been looking forward to this game for a while, it looks really playable, just my sort of game.

Now having played it, I'm left feeling a bit deflated to be honest :O/ I keep looking at this character Joe and wishing he could do so much more stuff. He runs really slowly, he can't block, his range of moves seems limited in some ways and arbritrary in others - what's the difference between punching and kicking? Why not just have an 'Attack' button? It got better as I got used to it, but I expected this game to grip me by the throat from the get-go, not have me wondering what else I could be doing after half an hours play. Anyone else get this?

Even worse is that yesterday, my girlfriend came home with Medal of Honour: Allied Assault for the Cube. It's not the sort of game I'd buy myself, but it was cheap, so what the hell. We didn't get time to play it last night, so I slotted it in after an hour or so on VJ. What a bland, barren mess of a game. I despise first-person shooters on consoles, none moreso than MoHAA - I lost all interest in playing the game literally right after I ran up to the captain and couldn't hear what he was saying. I wandered around the beachfront trying to shoot my own soldiers until I got killed by the Germans. I don't know if I'm just disillusioned at the moment, but I've just played two new GC games that stink. If F-Zero sucks like this, I will bin my Cube :O|

Any of you bought games with high expectations only to have them let down when you actually play the thing?
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Sat 20/12/03 at 01:34
Regular
Although I did get bored of GTA's apparent freedom (there is always more to be done) I did enjoy the game vastly when I did. It created a few of those great gaming moments.

Without a doubt the best game on the PS2.

But give me Pikmin anyday.

And as small as Pikmin levels were, they were very well done.

As I say Map Generator, Multiplayer, new pikmin, more freedom with no universal time limit, more training involved etc...

Pikmin 2 was the most shockingly overlooked game at ECTS and E3... this is why I believe Miyamoto has delayed its release in order to re-show it next year for a greater response.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.