GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Max Payne 2..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Max Payne 2'.
Fri 05/12/03 at 16:07
Regular
"BOSE"
i know it only just came out today, but has anyone got it yet? what's it like? is the bullet time like SR say it is? they say it'll blow me away...
Thu 11/12/03 at 10:27
Regular
"BOSE"
gee, thanks for your, er..help. but it's alright, i kicked his vodka a**e in the end :-D

the game rocks, Matty. buy it :-)
Tue 09/12/03 at 18:33
Regular
"Whatever!"
Just seen a trailor for it - Looks incredible! Hopefully should have it for the week end
Mon 08/12/03 at 18:18
Regular
"accidental superher"
i returned my copy today...disappointing how this game is SOOO short...wasn't trying particularly hard to get through it quickly either.
MIGHT get it for the pc...seeing as it is only 19.99 now and i did enjoy it. i also want to see the hidden ending
Mon 08/12/03 at 13:14
Regular
"BOSE"
...so can anyone help me with killing the man in the white suit hiding at the top of the stairs...who loves vodka?

please
Mon 08/12/03 at 11:13
Regular
"Touched!"
I do have a decent graphics card (Radeon 9700) but I'd rather sit in front of a telly than at a PC screen, to me the Xbox version is enough, just depends on how many things you want on, no one can expect the Xbox version to live up to the Pc version, i'm enjoying the game and it seems fairly good graphically.
Mon 08/12/03 at 10:16
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Don't forget ÂLŠ†ÂÎR that the XBox is basically running on a old GeForce 3. My PC has a 9800 Pro so everything looks extremely nice, but put Max Payne 2 on my friends PC with its MX420 it still looks ok but all the effects are gone. Halo on mine looked better than the XBox yet on my friends MX420 it looked worst than XBox.

If you have a decent card that can support all the features then the game looks better, some of the features in Max Payne 2 maybe unavailable to the XBox version.
Mon 08/12/03 at 00:48
Regular
That was after a completion within 4 hours. Decent game and at first its hard to tell where the corners have been cut. It soon becomes apparent as windows that shouldn't be borded up are, the fact that none of the surfaces reflect, the big drop in texture count and resolution, the watered down characters, the lip sync errors, the criminal lack of bullet time effects amongst other errors. Very disappointing on the Xbox for me.
Mon 08/12/03 at 00:45
Regular
Swapped the watered down and low end performance Max Payne 2 for the PC version. Its the first Xbox port that looks shocking when compared to the PC version.
Sun 07/12/03 at 10:41
Regular
"BOSE"
this game is quality! :-D "proper bo selecta!"

i'm finding it...hard to kill the bloke in the white suit, can't remember his name. i think he's the one who loves vokda. he shot Mona...she was so hot :'-(

any help would be great guys :-)
Sat 06/12/03 at 10:08
Regular
"BOSE"
looks like i'll be getting it then! better than the first one, and a quality game you say...

thank you my friends :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.