GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Max Payne 2..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Max Payne 2'.
Fri 05/12/03 at 16:07
Regular
"BOSE"
i know it only just came out today, but has anyone got it yet? what's it like? is the bullet time like SR say it is? they say it'll blow me away...
Fri 05/12/03 at 16:07
Regular
"BOSE"
i know it only just came out today, but has anyone got it yet? what's it like? is the bullet time like SR say it is? they say it'll blow me away...
Fri 05/12/03 at 16:08
Regular
It is a helluva lot better than MP1's Bullet Time, but not 'Blow you away' stuff.
Fri 05/12/03 at 16:15
Regular
"BOSE"
i take it that it's really worth buying then? as max payne rocked, every where says max payne 2's much better...
Fri 05/12/03 at 16:15
Regular
"Touched!"
quality game, certainly an improvement over MP, I'd recommend it! (Got the Xbox Version today)
Fri 05/12/03 at 16:19
Regular
I have the PC version. Can't imagine the Xbox version being too different.

Yes, I'd recommend it.
Fri 05/12/03 at 16:54
Regular
Just picked up the Xbox version myself. Almost identical in everyway to the PC version only on a top end PC the PC version is graphically superior in everyway. Wouldn't say it was completely watered down but its definitley the weaker of the 2 versions, an example of this would be that in the PC version you can see the reflection in the mirrors but in the Xbox version none of the surfaces reflect anything. Dread to think what the PS2 version will look like.
Fri 05/12/03 at 17:11
Regular
Heh, ign says that the PS2 version is a 'poor port' whereas the X-box version is just as good as the PC one. It's nice to see that the PS2 ports aren't being made priority in paticular any more.
Fri 05/12/03 at 17:21
Regular
The first Max Payne was awful on PS2. The Xbox version was of equal quality but this time around the PC version really does show its worth in comparison to the other versions.
Fri 05/12/03 at 17:27
Regular
"Touched!"
The Xbox version to me looks pretty good graphically, the PS2 version looks bloody awful and its had bad reviews, where as the Xbox one has got around 85% +
Fri 05/12/03 at 17:42
Regular
"gsybe you!"
PS2 = waste of time and effort :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.