GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XIII and Crashes on 9800 Pro"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Xiii'.
Sat 06/12/03 at 22:27
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I have been playing XIII on the PC and keep experiencing crashes. I played it last week 28th and it was fine, I only did 2 levels. Went to show my friend today and did it froze and rebooted. Then it has done the same again. After the reboot it comes up with a error report saying a drawing operation could not be complete. My worry is that my graphics card may be going wrong, but i've played other games recently with no problems. Using ATIs 3.9 drivers so there may be a problem with XIII on there. Will have a look around to see if theres any known issues. Has anyone else had any problems with the 9800 Pro or even any other Radeon cards?
Sun 07/12/03 at 10:04
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
To contact ATi, right-click the icon in the taskbar, troubleshooting, ATi desktop, and go from there.

As for the crashes, well, it will freeze, audio gets in a loop and I have to phyiscally take the poer lead out the back :/
Sun 07/12/03 at 10:00
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Microchips wrote:
> It's a weird error. CoD plays fine for ages, then it will randomly
> freeze.

Does it freeze for a few seconds and then show a blue screen before rebooting? Then when its reboot it comes up with some critical errors? If so this is what is happening to XIII.

Do you know how to contact ATI? As I looked on there site and could only find help contact numbers, as I would like to email them the problem so that they will hopefully fix it in the future.
Sun 07/12/03 at 08:53
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
It's a weird error. CoD plays fine for ages, then it will randomly freeze.

Didn't happen yesterday, which is cool.
Sat 06/12/03 at 23:10
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Microchips wrote:
> I've had a problem with my 9800 Pro and Call Of Duty. It only started
> happening when I updated my drivers to the newest 3.9's.

I had no problems with CoD and 3.9's. I only tested the game to see if it worked with 3.9 as a few users here couldnt even load the game.

> I suggest you search ATi.com for XIII and see if there is a similar
> problem.

I will do. Hopefully it is a problem for the drivers as I played Need For Speed Underground and Max Payne 2 ok today. XIII seemed ok on the 28th when I played it, but today it has froze twice. Might try the first 2 levels again to see if it freezes on them, as if it does then somethings gone wrong between the 28th and now.
Sat 06/12/03 at 22:36
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
I've had a problem with my 9800 Pro and Call Of Duty. It only started happening when I updated my drivers to the newest 3.9's.

Today, I investigated and ATi have released a fix for the problem- and it will be fully solved in the next driver update.

I suggest you search ATi.com for XIII and see if there is a similar problem.
Sat 06/12/03 at 22:27
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I have been playing XIII on the PC and keep experiencing crashes. I played it last week 28th and it was fine, I only did 2 levels. Went to show my friend today and did it froze and rebooted. Then it has done the same again. After the reboot it comes up with a error report saying a drawing operation could not be complete. My worry is that my graphics card may be going wrong, but i've played other games recently with no problems. Using ATIs 3.9 drivers so there may be a problem with XIII on there. Will have a look around to see if theres any known issues. Has anyone else had any problems with the 9800 Pro or even any other Radeon cards?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.