GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XIII and Crashes on 9800 Pro"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Xiii'.
Sat 06/12/03 at 22:27
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I have been playing XIII on the PC and keep experiencing crashes. I played it last week 28th and it was fine, I only did 2 levels. Went to show my friend today and did it froze and rebooted. Then it has done the same again. After the reboot it comes up with a error report saying a drawing operation could not be complete. My worry is that my graphics card may be going wrong, but i've played other games recently with no problems. Using ATIs 3.9 drivers so there may be a problem with XIII on there. Will have a look around to see if theres any known issues. Has anyone else had any problems with the 9800 Pro or even any other Radeon cards?
Mon 08/12/03 at 12:52
Oh it also doesn't return back to my settings after exiting the game.

And the screen/display goes fuzzy on occasion, like some sort of radio interference.

So many problems!
Mon 08/12/03 at 12:34
BG&E demo...erm ,that's it. I haven't installed many things on my computer since getting it.
Mon 08/12/03 at 10:19
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Which games are you running that aren't affected?
Mon 08/12/03 at 10:10
Nope. It's a strange problem, but it only occurs on some games - Call of Duty Demo, Halo so far.
Sun 07/12/03 at 22:30
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Urm, you could try fiddling with the brightness and contrast on your monitor. Doubt it'll help much but you never know.
Sun 07/12/03 at 22:15
My games are looking a bit washed out on my Radeon 9600 than they used to on the GeForce3. I've changed the colour-gamma etc. settings but they noticeably revert back to default settings when I run the game. Any solutions?
Sun 07/12/03 at 22:13
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
gamezfreak wrote:
> I had exactly the same problem, due to ATI's bug fuelled drivers. But
> it wasn't just CoD that crashed, all of my games just hung for no
> reason!

So did you experience the same sort of crashing? System freezes, restarts then the error messages upon reboot? XIII is the only game i've played where its done it. Max Payne 2 and Need For Speed Underground seem fine. Just going to install the patch and will try out XII

> Does anyone know when the real 3.10's come out?

Suppose to be before the end of the year as they are starting 4.xx in 2004.
Sun 07/12/03 at 19:56
Regular
I had exactly the same problem, due to ATI's bug fuelled drivers. But it wasn't just CoD that crashed, all of my games just hung for no reason!

Till I downloaded this patch: -

www.ati.com/support/infobase/4291.html

Although it just says "for CoD" it seemed to of fixed all of my problems. Its rumoured that this patch is actually cat 3.10 beta's!

Does anyone know when the real 3.10's come out?
Sun 07/12/03 at 10:50
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Microchips wrote:
> To contact ATi, right-click the icon in the taskbar, troubleshooting,
> ATi desktop, and go from there.

I've done that and i've saved a txt file and then now what? Email it to ATI?
Sun 07/12/03 at 10:26
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Microchips wrote:
> To contact ATi, right-click the icon in the taskbar, troubleshooting,
> ATi desktop, and go from there.

Thanks

So a different crash for Call Of Duty then. I am pretty sure XIII is crashing due to drivers, as other games work. Will have to try the first 2 levels again as they did not crash before.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.