GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Morals mean quitting stupid jobs"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 29/08/01 at 00:51
Regular
I don't care for a career.
Never had anything I want to do outside of playing music and writing.

The place I am currently at I have been there since Jan 2000, went there as a temp and they asked me to stay.
So I did, it's near my house and the people are ok.

Except since I've been working for a new boss, I've grown to realise that the only good thing about my job is the net access. Allows me to post here daytimes.

But, I think if tomorrow plays out like I think it's going to? I'm out of there with a smile and a finger raised in salute.

Why?
My boss is lazy. She doesn't do anything, goes for a fag every 25 mins and basically spends the day on the phone to her family and one mate.
So, I do what work she gives me.
In the meantime, I post here and ask if anyone else wants help.
They all say no, because they're bored as well but don't want to let on.

My problem is, I say what I think.
"You're on the net"
"I've done my work and nobody wants help. I don't want a fag so I'm checking my emails"

When I have work to do, I give it 100%.
When I don't have anything to do, I come here.
Simple.
Some people push a bit of paper around the desk all day and pretend they're busy whilst they talk about what they did at the weekend.
I don't do that.
I'm there to work, and I do to the best of my ability.

So today, I get back to my desk after some menial chore for my lazy boss, and I go to check cost prices on some things for work, and I need a password to access even the intranet.
So, not only am I prevented from coming onto the net, but I'm unable to do what little work I am given.

If my boss has decided that I should be blocked from the net, then I leave.
That simple.
I don't shy away from my work, but I have little to do most times and I don't want to sit about and chat with the people around me, so I go on the net.
As soon as I get something to do, I come off and do that.

If I just sat there and pretended to be busy, no problemo.
But because I work quickly and to the best of my ability instead of spreading it through the day?
I very well may have been restricted net-access by my lazy boss.

And that's not on.
And that's why, should this not be sorted out tomorrow, I am no longer working there.

Done it before and I'll do it again.
It's an employees market and you don't have to take crap from someone just because they're paid more and do less.

So, check back tomorrow sometime to see if there's a follow up from me at work.
And I know what some people will say "You're not there to surf the net, you're there to work"

Ok, but what if you don't have any work and nobody else will admit they don't either?
I will not tolerate someone treating me like that, be they a boss, a friend or the almighty one himself/herself.

Have a good night, I'm off to compose my resignation letter.
And if anyone from my work reads this?
Remember, I didn't fill in any application forms or take any interviews, you asked me if I wanted to work there.

It's not like I would have applied for that position, easy come easy go.
Wed 29/08/01 at 19:24
"possibly impossible"
Me too (says the guy posting this from work!)

We luckily found a document at our office that was instantly highlighted and stuck on a prominant wall after our last boss started checking out our history on explorer. It read 'No manager should attempt to control or explore an employees net access, but if they believe access is being used in an improper manner, should contact the technical team.'
Wed 29/08/01 at 12:26
"High polygon count"
I know *exactly* how you feel.
Wed 29/08/01 at 00:51
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I don't care for a career.
Never had anything I want to do outside of playing music and writing.

The place I am currently at I have been there since Jan 2000, went there as a temp and they asked me to stay.
So I did, it's near my house and the people are ok.

Except since I've been working for a new boss, I've grown to realise that the only good thing about my job is the net access. Allows me to post here daytimes.

But, I think if tomorrow plays out like I think it's going to? I'm out of there with a smile and a finger raised in salute.

Why?
My boss is lazy. She doesn't do anything, goes for a fag every 25 mins and basically spends the day on the phone to her family and one mate.
So, I do what work she gives me.
In the meantime, I post here and ask if anyone else wants help.
They all say no, because they're bored as well but don't want to let on.

My problem is, I say what I think.
"You're on the net"
"I've done my work and nobody wants help. I don't want a fag so I'm checking my emails"

When I have work to do, I give it 100%.
When I don't have anything to do, I come here.
Simple.
Some people push a bit of paper around the desk all day and pretend they're busy whilst they talk about what they did at the weekend.
I don't do that.
I'm there to work, and I do to the best of my ability.

So today, I get back to my desk after some menial chore for my lazy boss, and I go to check cost prices on some things for work, and I need a password to access even the intranet.
So, not only am I prevented from coming onto the net, but I'm unable to do what little work I am given.

If my boss has decided that I should be blocked from the net, then I leave.
That simple.
I don't shy away from my work, but I have little to do most times and I don't want to sit about and chat with the people around me, so I go on the net.
As soon as I get something to do, I come off and do that.

If I just sat there and pretended to be busy, no problemo.
But because I work quickly and to the best of my ability instead of spreading it through the day?
I very well may have been restricted net-access by my lazy boss.

And that's not on.
And that's why, should this not be sorted out tomorrow, I am no longer working there.

Done it before and I'll do it again.
It's an employees market and you don't have to take crap from someone just because they're paid more and do less.

So, check back tomorrow sometime to see if there's a follow up from me at work.
And I know what some people will say "You're not there to surf the net, you're there to work"

Ok, but what if you don't have any work and nobody else will admit they don't either?
I will not tolerate someone treating me like that, be they a boss, a friend or the almighty one himself/herself.

Have a good night, I'm off to compose my resignation letter.
And if anyone from my work reads this?
Remember, I didn't fill in any application forms or take any interviews, you asked me if I wanted to work there.

It's not like I would have applied for that position, easy come easy go.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.