GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Retro/Import handhelds"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 08/12/03 at 21:20
"I love yo... lamp."
I'm after something portable and old. Something like a Neo Geo Pocket, WonderSwan, Game Gear or Lynx.

Does anyone have any of these and if so what games would they recommend?

P.S. Don't tell me to just get a GB, GBC, GBA or GBA SP.
Mon 15/12/03 at 21:18
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
ßulle††™ wrote:
> Notorious Biggles wrote:
> Bullett, you mentioned something about the GP32 being able to
> emulate
> an NGP, how do you mean? Does the GP32 accept NGP carts?
>
> It emulates the NGP just like any other platform (Emulator + Roms)
> but unfortunately I don't know of a site that is offering the
> relevant software to do it (they all keep closing down!).
>
> A good look on Google and Kazaa should help.

And Emule as well, possibly.
Sun 14/12/03 at 14:36
Regular
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> Bullett, you mentioned something about the GP32 being able to emulate
> an NGP, how do you mean? Does the GP32 accept NGP carts?

It emulates the NGP just like any other platform (Emulator + Roms) but unfortunately I don't know of a site that is offering the relevant software to do it (they all keep closing down!).

A good look on Google and Kazaa should help.
Sun 14/12/03 at 09:37
Regular
"eat toast!"
try getting chip challenge for the lynx. But then, it was a game on windows as well.

Metal slug rocked. I've got all 3 of the metal slug roms and its not much different to be honest. Good old blasting though.

King of the fighters on the neo geo? wasn't there a capcom vs snk on the neogeo one point?
Sun 14/12/03 at 04:03
"I love yo... lamp."
Dr Gonzo:

http://www.e-cdrom.com/ video-games-neogeo.html

I can't vouch for them but I'll likely risk it. What do you think is worth getting from there then? I would probably pick up Metal Slug 1 and 2 and Sonic, what else?
Sat 13/12/03 at 20:43
Regular
"Teal'c"
GP32, which was mentioned.
Sat 13/12/03 at 20:42
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Apparently, the Neo Geo was quite good. It only failed because of a lack of good games, and crappy publicity.

Am I right??? :)
Sat 13/12/03 at 04:13
Regular
wasn't there some poxy gameboy clone called a 'supervision' aswell?
Sat 13/12/03 at 01:05
"I love yo... lamp."
Right well I had a look in a few shops in Glasgow that sell second hand consoles and stuff, one of which had a Neo Geo Pocket in recently.

Seeing as I couldn't find one I might just buy one online. Will try get Sonic and Metal Slug. If anyone else has any other games that they can recommend then I might pick them up.

Bullett, you mentioned something about the GP32 being able to emulate an NGP, how do you mean? Does the GP32 accept NGP carts?
Fri 12/12/03 at 16:57
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Metal Slug wasn't, Metal Slug IS. Number 3 was out for PS2 this year, there is a GBA version on the cards too. 4 is out in the arcades in Japan.

Be warned if you get a Neo geo pocket, you are entering into a world of fierce competition to collect games. Card Fighters 2 went on eBay for over $300 recently.
Wed 10/12/03 at 06:50
Regular
Oh, and there was Metal Slug 2 too. Which was bigger and better!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.