GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Explain to me the ELO rating system on Rainbow Six 3"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Rainbow Six 3'.
Tue 09/12/03 at 13:09
Regular
If you can - I fail to see how the current number one in the world has got such a pitiful kill/death ratio, and yet is still bestowed with the honour of being the highest ranked player.

Also, there are rumours we will be getting 2 new game modes for multiplayer for download very soon, anyone able to confirm this, or do you have any other tasty info?

Cheers
Thu 11/12/03 at 19:43
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I think my 'shoot! shoot!' methods are oing to own...
Thu 11/12/03 at 19:26
Regular
"\\"
LMAO!

R63 isn't perfect afterall...
Thu 11/12/03 at 19:22
Regular
"8==="
The ELO system is blatantly screwed. I hosted a game last night and I went from an ELO of 1300-ish to 16000-ish. LAst time I checked I was no 172 out of 111402 players, I've only played it online for 7 and a half hours and I have more deaths than kills.

Very, very screwed system.

But still 172/111402!!! YAY! :D (mmmmm that'll LAST)
Wed 10/12/03 at 02:29
Regular
yeah, earlier today I had an ELO of 13,000 for no good reason.
Wed 10/12/03 at 01:32
Regular
The ELO system is a load of crap. How someone can be at the top of the chart with 40 kills and 200 deaths is just BS, UBi Soft really screwed up the whole thing.
Wed 10/12/03 at 00:07
"I love yo... lamp."
ELO is from chess. Seriously. Basically it works on the principle that you get points for a win or draw and lose them when you lose.

It gets more complicated because it takes into account the difference in gradings between players. Which it uses to infer the expected result.

If X, a player of 2000 beats Z, a player of 1000, then that is not unexpected. X might get 0.5 points. And Z will lose 0.5 points. But if Z wins, then that is unexpected, so he might get 2 points. Whilst X loses 2. If a draw, then that is a better result for Z than for X and it would be considered unexpected. So Z would get 1 point and X would lose 1 point.

That is a rough idea of how it works. My figures are crude. In reality it can be abused some what in that if you play a lot of games you can get a high grade, even if overall you don't perform as well as someone else who plays half as many games as you.

So for the RS3 guy, he might not have the highest kills to deaths ratio, but he probably has played loads of games.

If you really want to know more do a google search on Elo ratings.
Tue 09/12/03 at 18:41
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Counterstrike was released with 18 maps and more to come, sort
> yaselves out Ubi-Soft you stingy gits.

Don't forget the map maker to boot.
Tue 09/12/03 at 14:53
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I'm actually quite interested in links, but a FPS shall come first...
Tue 09/12/03 at 14:10
Regular
Oh and Alastair, if you're still around get ya ass on Live and play me on Links 2004.

The single player is about as much fun as stapling your nuts to the back of a moving train....just hope the Live play is a hell of a lot better.
Tue 09/12/03 at 14:08
Regular
The downloadable game modes and .50 cal patch are just rumours.

To be honest I think Ubi Soft are extracting the urine a bit with the downloadable content. They promised a hell of a lot before the game was released and so far we've seen nothing. They really need to sort it out, because the the map list while nice is extremly limited, 9 multiplayer levels is nothing short of abysmal to be honest.

Counterstrike was released with 18 maps and more to come, sort yaselves out Ubi-Soft you stingy gits.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.