GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Iain Lee redeems himself with Gamecube praise"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 10/12/03 at 16:40
Regular
Coming just a week after his Viewtiful Joe comments (see DeadMetals post), this morning on RI:SE, Iain Lee redeemed himself by saying just how great the Gamecube really is and urged people to go and buy one for just £80 with 4 games. He was saying it was unfairly underrated (not too sure it's underrated, just hasn't sold as expected), and all this was just after they'd had a go on Double Dash...

Although one thing he said was weird. He was talking about Mario and he claimed he 'played the creator of Super Mario brothers at it, and he thrashed him.' Does that mean he played Shigsy (or was it someone else). But anyway, seems a little too erm... exaggerated to be true.

Anyway, it's always nice to see people praise the Gamecube, especially after the VJ comments. And he even urged you to buy it. Those who haven't, listen to the man...
Thu 11/12/03 at 20:50
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Rickoss wrote:
> but the fact they call the Italian Job a
> complete wreck, then go on to say it's 4th in the top-ten PlayStation
> 2 chart, now how does that work?

Well since they go by the games people have actually bought, and people buy some really crap games, its entirely possible.
Thu 11/12/03 at 19:24
Regular
"Watch The Skies"
I don't mind RiSE-Yep it is axed, in Jan they will show repeats of Friends/The Salon. Iain Lee is funny and incredibly hectic at that time of the morning, and Kate Lawler is unintentionally hilarious. I have only seen it a few times on Sicky days.
Glad about this Gamecube rennasience. Lets just have some more Resident Evil and Eternal Darkness 2. Shame about Mario Sunshine. And thought Metriod Prime was overrated, it was so repetative. How much can Nintendo be making-someone said 50p a Cube!

I don't mind Gamesville, The Guru is class! It is aimed at kids, so I take for what it is. Gamepad is better, but Violet Berlin, Purleease!!! Around the World In 80 Games is really rather unique. This is repeated alot on Bravo, normally after Gamepad. And there is a channel showing old Gamesmaster which is coolish, though only for retro purposes as it's actually pretty crap. Rose tinted nostalgia was wrong on this one.
Thu 11/12/03 at 17:00
Regular
"You! Obey the fist!"
Icarus wrote:
> Yeah, you know the 2 player game where they had to turn enemies
> upside down by knocking the blocks under them, then touching them to
> get a point? He beat him in that.

so, mario bros, not super mario bros?

did shigsy make that one? yeah, he must've
Thu 11/12/03 at 16:17
Regular
"A Ghost Of You"
Well this is a surprise! Gamecube gets hardly a mention ever in RI:SE's history and with in two weeks, we gets two. Wow!

Anyway, I missed what he said on RI:SE this morning (damn) but it's a nice comment on the console and Iain is forgiven in my books. Well done you soon to unemployed lanky freak.

: D
Thu 11/12/03 at 15:30
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Valentino Rossi wrote:
> is RISE being axed or have I missed something ?

Indeed it is, Ch4 will have it killed off by 2004.
Thu 11/12/03 at 13:30
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Iain Who?
Thu 11/12/03 at 13:30
Regular
Am I the only one that actually likes Gamezville...

The Guru is a legend.
Thu 11/12/03 at 13:24
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Gamepad 4 on Bravo is alot more "upto date" than it used to be, saw it the other night, think it's on about 7pm most week nights.
Thu 11/12/03 at 13:08
Well Iain Lee will have some time soon enough...
Thu 11/12/03 at 12:48
Regular
That mini games-review section is actually quite good, the closest we get to a good video games program. All we've got is that crappy Cybernet. It's alright, but the fact they call the Italian Job a complete wreck, then go on to say it's 4th in the top-ten PlayStation 2 chart, now how does that work?

Thumb Bandits should make a return.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.