GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"World Book Day"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/03/10 at 08:42
"possibly impossible"
Tomorrow is World Book Day so I thought I'd start a discussion on books.

Do you think people read less now than before? How many books do you read in a year?

I'm still undecided over whether to read the new Hitch-hikers Guide to the Galaxy book. In a way it feels wrong that it's a HHGTTG book without Adams writing it, but I also want to see how well it fits.

I must admit that I don't read half as much as I did, it's very hard to sit down with a book when you have kids. I guess I read stuff on the internet more at the moment but I'd love the chance to get back in to reading properly. I'm a member of Amazon Vine, which lets you test out specific products each month and there are loads of books from new and old authors on there, so it's a good way of getting me to read something. Sometimes it's a pleasant surprise and at other times it's a slog to get through a book.
Wed 03/03/10 at 09:30
Regular
"And in last place.."
I've never been much of a book reader and the only ones I read these days are the books I read to my daughter.

My wife somewhat converted me to books when I was commutting to Glasgow so I'd say it is at least 5 years since I've read a book.

In terms of people reading less, I can't comment for sure but all the people I know that read books still do.
Wed 03/03/10 at 08:42
"possibly impossible"
Tomorrow is World Book Day so I thought I'd start a discussion on books.

Do you think people read less now than before? How many books do you read in a year?

I'm still undecided over whether to read the new Hitch-hikers Guide to the Galaxy book. In a way it feels wrong that it's a HHGTTG book without Adams writing it, but I also want to see how well it fits.

I must admit that I don't read half as much as I did, it's very hard to sit down with a book when you have kids. I guess I read stuff on the internet more at the moment but I'd love the chance to get back in to reading properly. I'm a member of Amazon Vine, which lets you test out specific products each month and there are loads of books from new and old authors on there, so it's a good way of getting me to read something. Sometimes it's a pleasant surprise and at other times it's a slog to get through a book.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.