GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PlayStation 2 faults"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/12/03 at 00:14
Regular
"heh"
A while back I had a fault with my PS2 the problem was it didn't read discs. I gave Sony a ring and they sorted out that I got a replacement which I thought was very good service..

Now a few months down the line and my PS2 is playing up, it still works but the memory card and disc screen appear I click the disc and it loads goes blank and goes back to the screen again.. I don't know if this problem could be sorted in anyway before it got worse? Any advice would be appreciated.
Sun 14/12/03 at 00:14
Regular
"heh"
A while back I had a fault with my PS2 the problem was it didn't read discs. I gave Sony a ring and they sorted out that I got a replacement which I thought was very good service..

Now a few months down the line and my PS2 is playing up, it still works but the memory card and disc screen appear I click the disc and it loads goes blank and goes back to the screen again.. I don't know if this problem could be sorted in anyway before it got worse? Any advice would be appreciated.
Sun 14/12/03 at 10:34
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
try using a lens cleaning disk.
Sun 14/12/03 at 16:13
Regular
"heh"
Ah right I'll give that ago, cheers.
Sun 14/12/03 at 21:31
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Exactly what happens to me when the PS2 is in a vertical position.

If yours is, put it horizontally, and that should fix it. If your PS2 is horizontal, then you look to have a problem.
Sun 14/12/03 at 22:39
Regular
"heh"
Yes that seems to have been the problem thanks. :)
Mon 15/12/03 at 18:30
Regular
"Conker the King"
Get rid of it. Buy a Gamecube.

Sorry, i'm not here causing trouble - just couldn't resist it!
Mon 15/12/03 at 19:03
Regular
"heh"
I have a GameCube.. :P
Tue 16/12/03 at 09:07
Regular
"Conker the King"
lcfc_okay wrote:
> I have a GameCube.. :P

Then you have no problem! :)
Tue 16/12/03 at 09:54
"Darkness, always"
AfroJoe wrote:
> If yours is, put it horizontally, and that should fix it. If your PS2
> is horizontal, then you look to have a problem.

Begs the question of why Sony would encourage people to put it in that position in the first place, when it clearly causes the machine to function poorly.
Tue 16/12/03 at 12:42
"i luv my magnum!!"
yeah and this is a ps2 room gamecube rooms are somewhere else....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.