GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PlayStation 2 faults"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/12/03 at 00:14
Regular
"heh"
A while back I had a fault with my PS2 the problem was it didn't read discs. I gave Sony a ring and they sorted out that I got a replacement which I thought was very good service..

Now a few months down the line and my PS2 is playing up, it still works but the memory card and disc screen appear I click the disc and it loads goes blank and goes back to the screen again.. I don't know if this problem could be sorted in anyway before it got worse? Any advice would be appreciated.
Sun 21/12/03 at 23:04
Regular
Lol! I'm not getting drawn into that. Seen way too many stupid arguments along those lines. Simply put, if that's your opinion, then you are in the wrong forum. There are lots of clues, usually with the words Playstation 2 not exactly hidden, and that should be enough to tell you that you really need to be elsewhere.
Sun 21/12/03 at 21:07
Regular
PS2 faults:

.Monotonous games

.Mainly the same genre

.Games are quantity not quality

.Poor graphics

.Excrutiating loading times

.Only takes two controllers without extra money

.Up to 4 players

.Games are easy to complete

.System is too expenisve

.Small, midget adapted, controller sizes
Sat 20/12/03 at 13:25
Regular
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Begs the question of why Sony would encourage people to put it in
> that position in the first place

True I guess, but two things: I think it looks better vertically, but more importantly, and also oddly I suppose, mine actually works better vertically than horizontally. I only know of a couple of other people that have found this though; usually its the other way round.
Sat 20/12/03 at 10:14
Regular
"heh"
The PlayStation is now the problem it doesn't play anything now, So i'm gonna get a new one today, maybe the limited addition one ;)
Tue 16/12/03 at 22:46
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
As much as I love Pro Evo 3, Badgerman, I have to disagree.

Mario Kart defines multiplayer gaming genius.
Tue 16/12/03 at 22:17
Regular
"es argh"
Valentino Rossi wrote:
> 4 player Mario Kart anyone ?

Nah, Pro Evo 3 multiplayer is much funner
Tue 16/12/03 at 19:47
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Begs the question of why Sony would encourage people to put it in
> that position in the first place, when it clearly causes the machine
> to function poorly.

Yeah, it's really stupid design, as it's obviously changed the way this guy's PS2 works, as well as mine, and also a mate of mine's.

I prefered it standing up as well. Left more space for more important items. Ah well, now the GC just goes on top...
Tue 16/12/03 at 19:05
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
The PS2 should have been smaller, wouldn't trip over it so much when using it as a door stop then.

4 player Mario Kart anyone ?
Tue 16/12/03 at 19:00
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
The biggest problem with the PS2 is that it isnt square and made by Nintendo :P
Tue 16/12/03 at 12:42
"i luv my magnum!!"
yeah and this is a ps2 room gamecube rooms are somewhere else....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.