GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"In 2004 I want..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 15/12/03 at 22:20
Regular
Geist. Oh hell do I want Geist. I mean how good does this game look, I know the graphics appear dodgy but it does seem to be the closest us Nintendo fans will get to Perfect Dark and judging on early shots we could be look at that game.

Complete with its own gimmick. But what do you think? Any games you particular after come 2004? Granted Harvest Moon will undoubtable rule as a supreme title, Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes looks gorgeous and Pikmin 2 can easily be the best title Nintendo have made since the Gamecube has launched.

Here's to the future.

Dringo.
Mon 15/12/03 at 23:41
Regular
"everyone says it"
I want Final Fantasy CC.

Having already played two hours worth of the Japanese version I can safely assure myself this is the nearest thing I'll get to Secret of Mana in the year 2004.

Yummy!
Tue 16/12/03 at 05:40
Regular
"Booooom"
FF CC, umm I cant really think of too many games now but once they come out ill lets say pounce on them and purchase the little gems:D
Tue 16/12/03 at 07:22
Regular
Geist does look pretty good, but I really can't see Pikmin 2 being the best game on Gamecube.
Tue 16/12/03 at 07:41
Regular
Can anyone provide a lazy b*stard link to some info on Geist?

Sounds good.
Tue 16/12/03 at 09:40
Regular
Out of those games you mentioned, Harvest Moon's the only one I'm really looking forward to. MGS has always been complete crap, and I doubt pretty graphics and brilliant fight scenes (I'll admit it, that Ninja fight scene looks amazing) is going to make it a better game. I've always had my doubts about Pikmin, I'll have to see how the reviews are, and hopefully the possible flaws won't prove to be a problem.

As for Geist, while I love the fact that Nintendo are finally getting around to making an FPS, possibly trying to steal Goldeneye's crown, I fail to see why people are getting so excited.

Yes, it's got a nice, new idea in that you're a ghost, but other than that it's simply a promising title, and every game is promising. Have we got any hard evidence that this will be a great game? Not really, all we have are a few videos and screenshots, showing off a seemingly mediocre shooter with a gimmick. I'll reserve my opinion until I get it, and yes it could be superb, but I'd much rather look forward to the likes of Harvest Moon, Prince of Persia and Sphinx, which have already got brilliant previews (and reviews).

But, as I said, I'll reserve my opinion until Geist's release.
Tue 16/12/03 at 09:43
Regular
er-no wrote:
> I want Final Fantasy CC.

Ah, FF: CC looks great. The multiplayer seems a bit crap (mainly because it'd be tough to get that many people, with that many GBA's and that much time to complete it), but the combat system looks genius.

Plus, it isn't the worst looking game in the world either. Maybe not a 'proper' Final Fantasy game, but this is looking much better, although a little less epic, and a seemingly weaker storyline. I may import it when it hits America.
Tue 16/12/03 at 10:22
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Harvest Moon's a definite "must-get" for me, in 2004, also.

But with so-many still "un-confirmed" titles on the list - and no definite sign of a new `MarioŽ or `ZeldaŽ - it's actually quite hard to say what else I want really.

Obviously, there's "Metroid Prime 2" - if that game DOES make it out next-year, of course (just look at the time-difference with the first game between the European and US releases...).
A sequel to Skies of Arcadia still isn't all that definite, either - and who knows what will happen with a new Animal Crossing game.

Aside from the odd title, like Pikmin 2, it seems set to be a year filled with so-few single-player/adventure games that have been confirmed, with plenty more multi-player titles (like Mario Gold and Tennis, for example) instead.

And anyway, I still don't even own HALF of the games I want that have been released in this last-quarter of 2003 - and the likes of Metroid Prime and Skies of Arcadia Legends still remain un-finished in my collection! :)
Tue 16/12/03 at 11:07
Regular
The term 'clutching at straws' comes to mind.
Tue 16/12/03 at 11:12
Regular
"Booooom"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> The term 'clutching at straws' comes to mind.
TIM?????
Tue 16/12/03 at 22:21
Regular
Timothy darling! *cooooey* Or something? Tilt's name rules all

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.