GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"In 2004 I want..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 15/12/03 at 22:20
Regular
Geist. Oh hell do I want Geist. I mean how good does this game look, I know the graphics appear dodgy but it does seem to be the closest us Nintendo fans will get to Perfect Dark and judging on early shots we could be look at that game.

Complete with its own gimmick. But what do you think? Any games you particular after come 2004? Granted Harvest Moon will undoubtable rule as a supreme title, Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes looks gorgeous and Pikmin 2 can easily be the best title Nintendo have made since the Gamecube has launched.

Here's to the future.

Dringo.
Mon 15/12/03 at 22:20
Regular
Geist. Oh hell do I want Geist. I mean how good does this game look, I know the graphics appear dodgy but it does seem to be the closest us Nintendo fans will get to Perfect Dark and judging on early shots we could be look at that game.

Complete with its own gimmick. But what do you think? Any games you particular after come 2004? Granted Harvest Moon will undoubtable rule as a supreme title, Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes looks gorgeous and Pikmin 2 can easily be the best title Nintendo have made since the Gamecube has launched.

Here's to the future.

Dringo.
Mon 15/12/03 at 22:22
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Geist + spicy graphics + decent sounds + HUUUUGGGE multiplayer (online anyone?) options an single player story will ruuulle!
Mon 15/12/03 at 22:23
Regular
Lets just pray the Mary Kate and Ashley team can get it right :P
Mon 15/12/03 at 22:30
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Damn them.

Of course this'd be the perfect oppurtunity to blow everybody away with a genius game.

Nintendo'll give 'em some help.
Mon 15/12/03 at 22:33
Regular
Rumour has it that Miyamoto are camped with them at times.

But they also did the third person Duke Nukem game.
Mon 15/12/03 at 23:18
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Zero Hour?

That wasn't bad, and I imagine they had no help from genius and co.
Mon 15/12/03 at 23:31
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> Rumour has it that Miyamoto are camped with them at times.
>
> But they also did the third person Duke Nukem game.

As long as you don't mean Manhatten Project - I'd be rather worried if that was the case.

Zero Hour was excellent though.
Mon 15/12/03 at 23:38
You're all assuming that the developer house is automatically bad if it makes a crap game. There are many factors that could influence how well planned it is - of course, you're thinking about the experience, creativity and ability to implement ideas into a practical game. But other issues inlude time restrictions, funds available and meeting publisher requirements, which most of the time doesn't exactly tie in with what the devlopers originally planned.

Just take that into consideration before you go slagging off the dev houses.
Mon 15/12/03 at 23:39
Regular

Mon 15/12/03 at 23:41
Tsk. Just blame the publisher too and I'm happy.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.