GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"your opinion please"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 26/08/01 at 18:05
Regular
just bought a ps2 from sr yesterday....
(SPENT 400 quid ARGHHH!! -on firepack, gt3, onimusha and region x)
anyway i want to know what games i should get...

i don't plan to get ssx....gonna wait for ssx tricky

but give your opinions on shadows of memories, zone of the enders, tekken tag, extermination, red faction. for the shorter games do you think it is worth getting it new or should i get it 2nd hand from auctions??

plus suggest other games to add...
Sun 26/08/01 at 18:05
Regular
"accidental superher"
just bought a ps2 from sr yesterday....
(SPENT 400 quid ARGHHH!! -on firepack, gt3, onimusha and region x)
anyway i want to know what games i should get...

i don't plan to get ssx....gonna wait for ssx tricky

but give your opinions on shadows of memories, zone of the enders, tekken tag, extermination, red faction. for the shorter games do you think it is worth getting it new or should i get it 2nd hand from auctions??

plus suggest other games to add...
Sun 26/08/01 at 18:25
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Well done mate.PS2 is the best!!

Anyway:

Shadow Of Memories-A good game with 6 different endings so loads of replay value

Zone Of The Enders- A good and original title but you will finish it in 1 week and never come back.

Tekken Tag-a brilliant game but not enough features to make it very different from Tekken 3. Wait for Tekken 4 or VF4 instead

Extermination- A great "panic horror action" game.Very hard but a joy to play.

Red Faction-Another great game and again pretty hard.A very poor multiplayer mode

You should consider E-bay for second hand titles.You can find some real bargains there.

Other titles I can recommend are:

Escape From Monkey Island
Resi Evil Veronica
ATV:Off Road Fury

Timesplitters is the best FPS for me.
Quake III is very good as well
Only get Unreal if you are a big FPS fan.Poor graphics in multiplayer you see.

Hope I helped
Sun 26/08/01 at 20:05
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
if u like wwf then get sd3. if u like skateboarding get tony hawk 3. if u like fighters get tekken tag or whatever the new fight game is and get metal gear solid 2 for the sake of getting an amazing game.
Sun 26/08/01 at 20:12
Regular
apprently i heard quake 3 is better than red faction. I've only played on red faction though, and the loading times are very annoying.
Sun 26/08/01 at 20:13
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
yeah atv is a great game.i won it on gad.
great mix of racing and tricks.
Sun 26/08/01 at 20:36
Regular
"accidental superher"
well the reason i haven't mentioned resi evil and mgs 2 yet is cos they ain't released yet...
not gonna get quake 3 cos it doesn't have mouse and keyboard support or online play and i have it for the dreamcast
as for tekken tag -if i don't have tekken 3 then is it a must have?? (i don't have a ps1 you see)....
Sun 26/08/01 at 20:38
Regular
"accidental superher"
i've spent 400 quid already for the ps2!!
let's hope there aren't any problems with it...
is it really worth getting the vertical stand (well that's what i have claimed for my free gift)
Sun 26/08/01 at 20:42
Regular
"You Bum!!"
hmm.. A vertical stand does look nice but it is pretty useless.Some of your DVD's may not work properly.

And if you havent got Tekken 3 and want a fighting game then yeah!!But I would wait till its £20 cause it has been out for a while now
Sun 26/08/01 at 20:50
Regular
"accidental superher"
yeah that's what i was thinking ....
that's why i didn't order it along with my ps2
Sun 26/08/01 at 20:52
Regular
"accidental superher"
i really hope that sr deliver my ps2 by tuesday or wednesday...i purposely upgraded the delivery to first class!!
if i had waited i could have got it cheaper too...by getting the gran turismo 3 firepack.
but that was out of stock and being impatient i just got the firepack and then added gt3...sigh...it better be worth it

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.