GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"mySQL..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 25/08/01 at 12:44
Regular
... So, does anyone know of any Free Hosting companies that allow mySQL???

Thanx...
Mon 03/09/01 at 18:39
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Thanx for the help....... theres just to many Types, lol

Thanks again :o).
Mon 03/09/01 at 13:10
Regular
"hockeyphotos.com"
cjh wrote:
> From F2S's MySQL Manager,
> if I've created a new field in a table, from the "TYPE"
> Selection list, which would I use if I wanted to be
> able to have a LONG String of text, or even no set
> limit??

Have a look at:
http://www.mysql.com/

...and follow the links to documentation, then search for 'types'. I can't post the full URL here because the line is too long.

Chris.
Mon 03/09/01 at 13:08
Regular
""
cjh, is there an option for a 'memo' field is MySQL? (can't remember) You can basically bung anything in there - images, mp3s, text, the works.

In M$Access it's a 'memo' field, in SQL Server its a 'blob'. The limit is 2gig off the top of my head.

nice one, cheers
ajg
Mon 03/09/01 at 08:54
Regular
Turbo has emfisied the problem with mysql. Security. We need to ensure that no-one can get into the data. One day though we will offer it.
Sun 02/09/01 at 19:21
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Hey, could someone help me out a little. From F2S's MySQL Manager, if I've created a new field in a table, from the "TYPE" Selection list, which would I use if I wanted to be able to have a LONG String of text, or even no set limit??

Thanx...
Sun 02/09/01 at 14:28
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
I'm guessing from the silence it's still a "not right now".
Still, that F2S is pretty good, it's just a little irritating running one site from Two Servers, or maybe I just get confused to easily, lol :o).
Sun 02/09/01 at 13:15
Regular
"whoneedsatagline?"
Thanks from me also for the info about alternative ISP. Just so as I know - what's the latest from Freeola as to when / how / or why not ... on MySQL?
Sat 01/09/01 at 12:07
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
You know, thats something you shouldn't really admit to, 'cus I'm sure thats illegal :o).
Sat 01/09/01 at 02:19
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
On the subject of f2s's MySQL servers, I (somehow) gained access to every database on the server yesterday. There's some pretty weird stuff people store in there!

Anyway, I "added" a few things, but got bored and broke the connection. Shame really.
Fri 31/08/01 at 19:05
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Guess it's F2S then, can't access it unless it's though there site.

So, Freeola, still against adding MySQL to out sites??

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.