GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo are the best!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/12/03 at 22:51
Regular
It doesn't matter what anyone says, what their opinions are on the GameCube, or how Nintendo have or haven't done in the past, at present, Nintendo ARE the best.

I sell games for a living. Working for a videogames retailer I sell games, advise customers and feel proud that my uniform has never involved baseball caps or grease. And from my experience from working in this shop, I have come to the conclusion that Nintendo are the best.

Why?

Is it because many people are buying Super Smash Bros. Melee on Player's Choice every day I'm in work?
Is it because many people are buying Super Mario Sunshine ever day I'm in work?
Is it because I am selling many a Mario Kart: Double Dash every day I'm in work?
Is it because many people are buying Mario & Luigi every day I'm in work?
Is it because many people are buying Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros 3 every day I am in work?
Or is it because I am selling more GBA-SPs than any other system every day I'm in work?

Or maybe it is all of the above.

People are Nintendo mad now! MAinly the over 30s and the under 10s, but Nintendo seem to me to be VERY competetive at the moment. The teenagers seem to be buying the Xbox, mainly due to games like Rainbow Six 3, Halo and the Grand Theft Auto pack due to come out. Whereas the majority of people from poorer regions where my store is one of their local stores, seem to be buying the Playstation 2. Obviously, those are the main trends I have noticed in store - there are many people who don't follow suit, but that's what I have noticed.

Now to my first reason: Super Smash Bros. Melee. Although head office have been sparing with this title, we have been struggling to keep it as an available title, for it is selling almost all the time its out. It is the type of game that had amazing reviews, everyone wanted, but a lot didn't see it as worth spending £40 for it.

Super Mario Sunshine - Not my favourite Mario game by a long way, but it's still a great game! Customers again were a bit wary of paying £40 for what seemed to the average gamer as an average game, lacking innovation and snow levels, that make for a big seller. However, it being a Players Choice game has encourage many sales which, again, is making it a difficult one to keep in the shop!

Mario Kart: Double Dash is self explanatory. It's Mario Kart.

Mario & Luigi makes for an interesting big seller. Everyone seems to be after that as soon as I tell them that the Spyro game is more suited for girl-gamers. Most sales of the game where I work have been with a GBASP, and the others have been what kids have been asking their parents for, for Christmas. As is the same with Mario Advance 4.

As for the GBASPs themselves, I'm selling loads of them! More than I'm selling PS2s, more than I'm selling Xboxs, and more than I'm selling GameCubes. Sure, chances are that overall, more PS2s are gonna be sold than any other console - that's inevitable, but the British kids seem to be obsessed with the SP handheld! I personally don't consider the GBASP the best system to own, and I much prefer playing my GameCube and Xbox to it, but if it is keeping Nintendo as being the most profitable games company around, and providing Nintendo with the money to make even more Mario, Zelda and various other games from their famous franchises, then I'm happy and can still proudly say: Nintendo are the best.
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Tue 23/12/03 at 20:03
Regular
"Baros!!!"
I find Nintendo do better games for a variety of types of games.

I was tempted to buy a PS2 because of the amount of racing games and the quality of them, but chose not to because there wasn't anything else besides those that interested me.

Nintendo have games like Zelda, Mario, and Super Monkey Ball, aswell as having Mario Kart:DD and Need for Speed.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.