GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pancake Day (20th Feb)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 16/02/07 at 12:21
"possibly impossible"
Yes, next Tuesday is pancake day. The day when we all go mad for a strange concoction of food that sticks to the ceiling and doesn’t fill you up.

So, with this in mind, let’s talk pancakes!

Are you going to have pancakes?
What type of filling/toppings do you like?

Let’s go pancake crazy!
Fri 16/02/07 at 13:23
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Yep I will be having them with golden syrup / treacle on, usually get through about 6 :D

I'm a pretty good t o s s e r as well :P
Fri 16/02/07 at 20:09
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
pb wrote:
> Yep, just making it non-christian friendly. I mean, how many
> people here are going to go to church on tuesday or, more
> importantly, Ash Wednesday?
What? We don't go to mass on those days.
Well, people who are off school, work are retired etc. go on Ash Wednesday, but not on Shrove Tuesday.
We think of Shrove Tuesday as a day to gorge ourselves before Lent, when the school will make me give up lots of things and my brothers will eat to their hearts content.:(
Fri 16/02/07 at 20:11
"possibly impossible"
Revolver Ocelot wrote:
> pb wrote:
> Yep, just making it non-christian friendly. I mean, how many
> people here are going to go to church on tuesday or, more
> importantly, Ash Wednesday?
> What? We don't go to mass on those days.
> Well, people who are off school, work are retired etc. go on Ash
> Wednesday, but not on Shrove Tuesday.
> We think of Shrove Tuesday as a day to gorge ourselves before
> Lent, when the school will make me give up lots of things and my
> brothers will eat to their hearts content.:(

I don't see the point in giving something up unless it does someone else some good, such as giving up an item of food and donating the money to the poor or something.

Ash wednesday is pretty important in the Christian calender, in fact, Easter as a whole is more important than Christmas...
Fri 16/02/07 at 20:11
Regular
Become an atheist and leave those problems behind :P
Fri 16/02/07 at 21:54
Regular
I always use to have 'em with the classic lemon juice and sugar, but Maple syrup converted me to its cause.

They don't fill you up?! Try eating more. The only food that doesn't fill me up is fast food, because I'm almost certain it's only there for your.. um.. gastronomical delight...

I had a little pile of pancakes in New York, though, I wasn't actually that impressed with what I got. Granted, they're thick, but I only had about four - and they were around half the size of the frying-pan shaped ones I'm used to. They came with at least a pint of maple syrup though.. which didn't last very long =c)

As for fillings, I only ever stick 'em in savoury pancakes which I usually have with Chinese. The classic savoury has to be the duck and spring roll 'combi', but I've seen all kinds around.

Keep 'em sweet I say ;c)
Fri 16/02/07 at 21:57
Regular
pb wrote:

> I don't see the point in giving something up unless it does
> someone else some good

So the whole self-denial and self-fladgulation get-up doesn't appeal then?

I'm sure 'extreme' piety is rewarding, after all, you get a lot out of it... oh, wait...
Fri 16/02/07 at 21:58
Regular
"Mighty Strathmore"
good old pancake day, dueto health and safety they banned non home ec classes from making pancakes. What next, no fireworks on 5th of november
Fri 16/02/07 at 22:11
Regular
Funny you should say that...

"Animal welfare groups are asking the government to ban fireworks because the loud bangs distress pets"

"all organised displays may have to have special permission to take place"

"A Manchester Evening News campaign calling for the ban of over-the-counter sales of fireworks, has been backed by a huge number of MPs after they were quizzed by the newspaper"
Seems the M.E.N campaign to "ban over-the-counter sales of fireworks" is pretty widely supported too

"Remember, remember the 5th of November... Some people will remember Guy Fawkes Night because they have the scars to remind them. Is it time to restrict the sale of fireworks to organised public displays only?"

"MPs were given three options and asked which one they most favoured - a total ban on fireworks, a partial ban or for the current law to remain unchanged

Almost nine out of 10 (86 per cent) of the 300+ who have so far replied said they wanted some form of ban.

Of those, one in three (34 per cent) backed the MEN's call for a total ban, while slightly more than half said they wanted a partial ban.

Only one per cent of MPs opposed any tightening of the law
"

Have your say, with the BBC

A look at some of the anti-campaigns support and arguments
Fri 16/02/07 at 22:41
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Pancakes don't fill you up? How big is your stomach?!

Well I like the classic lemon and sugar best. I have tried other things but not syrup yet. Must try that sometime. And chocolate sauce. I have a pancake sort of thing at Center Parcs once, chocolate flavoured. Was lovely! :D

I like pancakes all year round, but only get them if I ask expecially. If not, then it's only on Pancake Day.

If anyone's willing to try it, put lemon, sugar, ketchup and marmite on a pancake and tell us how it goes. :D
Sat 17/02/07 at 11:05
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
Yes, didn't you know that?
Easter is much more important than Christmas. We just like Christmas more.:P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.