GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"graphics card"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/12/03 at 11:40
Regular
"Fun in the sun"
iam starting to build a pc and ive got most parts for it, but now i've got to get a graphics card. I've narrowed it down to an ATI Radeon 9600xt but i don't know if i should get the 128mb or the 256 one? Is there a huge amount of difference?
Thu 22/01/04 at 23:52
Regular
"Fun in the sun"
Just ordered the stuff....

including a radeon xt off tekheads site for basically the same as OCUK's

Yay, my pc will actually be completed in the weekend :P
Thu 22/01/04 at 14:54
Regular
"accidental superher"
NOOOOOO get an ati radeon 9600xt instaed...get it from here
www.overclockers.co.uk
they're the cheapest i've found for graphics cards
Wed 21/01/04 at 23:17
Regular
"Fun in the sun"
Decker wrote:
> Splash out and buy a 9800xt.

I don't suppose you actually read that i'm only willing to part with £150-ish???

Anyway I'll be ordering the last bits for me PC tommorow - monitor, graphics card, memory and an ide cable. I've decided to opt for the 9600pro for a few reasons: its slightly cheaper than xt (more bang for your buck/pound), and I am not bothered about the HL2 voucher with the xt purely because by the time that it comes out, the 9800 cards are probably be cheaper

....the price for the monitor, graphics card, memory and cable comes to about £250
Fri 16/01/04 at 00:48
Regular
"Subway Monkey"
Splash out and buy a 9800xt.
Sun 04/01/04 at 21:27
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Bob_The_Moose wrote:
> adrian wrote:
> Why bump a topic that you posted in 9 minutes ago ? Its not like the
> topics going to move out of the top few topics.
>
> I read that as 9 months then.
>
> Need Sleep...

dear dear
Sat 03/01/04 at 23:20
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
adrian wrote:
> Why bump a topic that you posted in 9 minutes ago ? Its not like the
> topics going to move out of the top few topics.

I read that as 9 months then.

Need Sleep...
Sat 03/01/04 at 22:21
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Why bump a topic that you posted in 9 minutes ago ? Its not like the topics going to move out of the top few topics.

Anyway the 9800SE is pretty low power so a 9600XT might be a better buy. Without looking at a spec for spec comparison, or looking at how they compare with each other in games its hard to say which one is the better.
Sat 03/01/04 at 21:56
Regular
"Fun in the sun"
^Bump
Sat 03/01/04 at 21:47
Regular
"Fun in the sun"
just another question about Radeons. Ive seen some 9800SEs and they are very cheap, but is it worth getting that or the 9600xt? The most I willing to part with is £150-ish. I have heard that special editions are a bit poo so has anyone got any advice?
Fri 26/12/03 at 09:46
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Depends on the price. If the 256mb model is only £10 more then get that. Even if its £20 more still get the 256mb. Games at the moment dont really need it and if you have enough system RAM you might not notice the difference. Max Payne 2 has anti aliasing in its settings and when using this will everything set to max it does come back and complain there is only 128mb of video RAM when it needs 140mb. Anti-aliasing can be set on the system itself so theres no worry there. You really should go and get the best you can afford and if theres only a few £'s difference get the 256mb model.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.