GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Donkey Konga 2 + Japanese sales.."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Donkey Konga 2'.
Fri 26/12/03 at 23:49
Regular
"thursdayton!"
"After only being on general release in Japan for two weeks, Nintendo has announced that the sequel to Namco-developed bongo game, entitled Donkey Konga Volume 2 (working-title), will be unleashed on Japanese gamers this coming Spring. With the US & UK release of the first game just recently being confirmed, it can only be hoped that we will be treated to the follow-ups as well!" Cubed-3.co.uk

Surely Nintendo can't charge full price for this second helping? Anyways, thought I might as well bung in the Xmas week Jap hardware sales figures. Poor, poor Bill-box. :D

1.) PS2 - 160,100
2.) GBA:SP - 132,400
3.) GC - 95,100
4.) GBA - 23,000
5.) XBOX - 2,400
Sat 27/12/03 at 23:30
Regular
"thursdayton!"
It's unlikely other games will use the drums, as they have DONKEY KONGA stamped on them.
Sat 27/12/03 at 12:13
Regular
"Grammatical Watchdo"
I heard that they would release different games for use with the drums, ala, Eye toy (play and dance)

Donkey Konga 2 may be its name at the moment, but it'll propobly change before release.
Sat 27/12/03 at 11:53
Regular
You don't know what will be on the European edition of the game.

I expect when translating the game we will get the same upgrades as the upcoming Japanese sequel.
Sat 27/12/03 at 10:54
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Dringo wrote:
> It's the same with namco's other rythem game... they bring a new
> version updated all the time.

You mean Taiko no Tatsujin. Yer, they're on the 3rd version now, although they've just released an additional animation disc.

TnT is marginally better than DK IMO. The songs on TnT are that little bit better and you don't get sore hands after playing extensively either. ;)
Sat 27/12/03 at 10:35
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
Well I certainly will the game rocks! It hasn't got boring yet and i played it all Xmas Day and Boxing Day! Keep the updates coming i say! Even the JAP songs have superb rythm! The UK version will probably be released here at Easter, with official songs probably from PoP etc.. Wouldn't be surprised if the cheeky girls are in there! LOL, that would be fantastic! ( i say sarcasticly ;) )
Sat 27/12/03 at 00:46
Regular
"thursdayton!"
So we'll be getting Vol. 1 in UK? I can't see people buying two volumes of the same game over here within months of each other.
Sat 27/12/03 at 00:19
Regular
It's the same with namco's other rythem game... they bring a new version updated all the time.
Fri 26/12/03 at 23:49
Regular
"thursdayton!"
"After only being on general release in Japan for two weeks, Nintendo has announced that the sequel to Namco-developed bongo game, entitled Donkey Konga Volume 2 (working-title), will be unleashed on Japanese gamers this coming Spring. With the US & UK release of the first game just recently being confirmed, it can only be hoped that we will be treated to the follow-ups as well!" Cubed-3.co.uk

Surely Nintendo can't charge full price for this second helping? Anyways, thought I might as well bung in the Xmas week Jap hardware sales figures. Poor, poor Bill-box. :D

1.) PS2 - 160,100
2.) GBA:SP - 132,400
3.) GC - 95,100
4.) GBA - 23,000
5.) XBOX - 2,400

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.