GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mario Kart: Double Dash!!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mario Kart Double Dash'.
Sun 28/12/03 at 19:28
Regular
I got this game for Christmas and I’m enjoying every second of it but there are a few questions I need answering. Who are the best two characters to have and what is the best Kart? Thanks. :)
Mon 29/12/03 at 11:04
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
tphi wrote:
> AfroJoe wrote:
> Mario Kart: Quadruple Qffffffg!!!!
>
> Indeed.
>
> Valentino: is that true about the Barrel Train? I completed the game
> using Blue Toad Kart, but am now shaving off those Time Trial
> seconds, so that tip's handy.

Most Japanese (world records) are set with the Barrel Train, check out www.mariokart64.com/mkdd forums for lots of MKDD chat, they're a friendly bunch and some set some amazing times.
Mon 29/12/03 at 04:41
Regular
"Selected"
The characters aren't too important, it's down to which special moves you prefer. Personally, I go for the medium karts because they mix speed and acceleration nicely. The two characters I normally choose are Yoshi (nice homing egg for a weapon) and one of the koopa troopers (you get three red/green shells - red is handy on 150cc) then I put them both in the Luigi car....or the Waluigi car. Then I race. Then I win. Then I laugh. In that order.
Mon 29/12/03 at 04:33
Regular
"Booooom"
I use baby mario and baby luigi in the bullet blaster or whatever its name sis
Sun 28/12/03 at 23:41
Regular
"thursdayton!"
AfroJoe wrote:
> Mario Kart: Quadruple Qffffffg!!!!

Indeed.

Valentino: is that true about the Barrel Train? I completed the game using Blue Toad Kart, but am now shaving off those Time Trial seconds, so that tip's handy.
Sun 28/12/03 at 23:15
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Auf deutsch wrote:
> I saw Mario Kart brand new for £24.99
>
> ;)

where?
Sun 28/12/03 at 23:13
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Mario Kart: Quadruple Qffffffg!!!!
Sun 28/12/03 at 22:09
Regular
"thursdayton!"
It's 2 exclamation marks, not four. :p
Sun 28/12/03 at 21:46
Regular
I saw Mario Kart brand new for £24.99

;)
Sun 28/12/03 at 20:20
Regular
Valentino Rossi wrote:
> I will tell you, 99% of best times are set with Baby Koopa and Toad in
> the Barrel Train, however there s very little between most
> karts/characters, down to personal taste/style really, both toad
> & toadette in the blue kart are good all-round and very easy to
> set fast times with, but then you will need to move onto the barrel
> trains to gain that all important extra 2 mph on your top speed and
> knock those tenth's off overall.

Thanks alot for that mate, that's a great help. I’m finding it really difficult to win the gold cups on the 150cc; I always seem to come 3rd!
Sun 28/12/03 at 20:05
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
I will tell you, 99% of best times are set with Baby Koopa and Toad in the Barrel Train, however there s very little between most karts/characters, down to personal taste/style really, both toad & toadette in the blue kart are good all-round and very easy to set fast times with, but then you will need to move onto the barrel trains to gain that all important extra 2 mph on your top speed and knock those tenth's off overall.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.