GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"1080 or SSX 3 ?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'SSX 3'.
Mon 29/12/03 at 11:08
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
I've read that 1080 is more simulation than the "arcadey" SSX3, and as I want it for the races as well as tricks just wondered which you thought was best.

Sad to read that the Cube version has some tricks missing due to the controllers "lack of buttons"

Opinions please, which one shall I buy tonight ????

Gonna look and see which has the most tracks
Fri 02/01/04 at 01:24
Regular
"Evil Always Wins!"
I haven't played SSX3, but 1080 rules. It really is amazing, and I was utterly shocked with how good it is. But it. NOW.
Thu 01/01/04 at 23:31
Regular
"Swivel!"
Definetly SSX 3, the music added to the game include some songs that i really like & Enjoy, plus Gameplay is great with the attributes, and the graphics, not to mention the characters and radio presenter. I definetly find 1080 a waste of my life compared to SSX 3.
Wed 31/12/03 at 11:31
Regular
;)

(Although that is actually the reason there aren't all the moves, it's one or two buttons short)
Wed 31/12/03 at 11:30
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
glad I got 1080 in the end, find it much better than the PS2 version of SSX3 my brother has. More interested in racing than tricks and 1080 lets you save ghosts :)
Wed 31/12/03 at 09:56
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Silent-Scope wrote:
> Both are crap 1080 too short/ssx 3 they took out half the moves cos
> they put a reset button on Y..

Your saying SSX3 is rubbish cos they removed one button for the GC version!?! 8|

When in SSX3 does that really make an ounce of difference? When you leap into the air, and press a mirage of buttons, the character just goes into a spaz attack, spinning/flipping/twisting all over the place. It's not that you can really just sit back and have a good watch of some interesting moves. So frankly I don't see one button making that much of a difference!

:)
Mon 29/12/03 at 23:28
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Oh for Petes sake it has enough buttons.

Lets count them shall we? Hmmmm???!

MOO!
Mon 29/12/03 at 15:32
Regular
Or the GC controller doesn't have enough buttons

Anyway, I've got it for the X-box so it doesn't matter
Mon 29/12/03 at 15:02
Regular
Both are crap 1080 too short/ssx 3 they took out half the moves cos they put a reset button on Y..
Mon 29/12/03 at 14:25
Regular
Still, I can't find that much Replay Value in 1080

Once you find the missile board, it's almost impossible for anyone to beat yer
Mon 29/12/03 at 12:35
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
I own both, got SSX3 day of release and played it to death. Tiss a very good game.

Got 1080 for Xmas and think that it is FANTASTIC!

SSX3 is a really good snowboarding game, but it is a really arcadey over the top game. Tricks are crazy and impossible in real life. You can jump a million miles into the air off most things. It has LOTS of challenges that will keep you entertained for hours.

1080 though. Tracks are smaller, but they are much more detailed and realistic/interesting. It is the true snowboard racer of the two games. If you like your snowboarding games to be reasonably realistic and more true to life get 1080. People say it's short, but it has a much greater replay value than SSX3.

Get 1080!

:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.