GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WWW.SR-LIVE.CO.UK"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/12/03 at 12:56
"slightlyshortertagl"
New swanky site and all.

Ok, actually it's identical to before, just a new domain.

So far, it simple redirects you to the Excel file hosted on an FTP, but now we have the domain something else can/must be done.

I'm no web-design meister, but I'm sure one of you *points* know a thing or two about web design.

I'm thinking along the lines of having a drop down list of games, where you select the game and the list of people that have it magically appears.
Then, somewhere else, a list of SR names, select a person, get a list of games they have. Then the same thing with gamertags.

I'm not sure how complicated this'll turn out.

I do have Access (Database thing-ma-bob) if that'll help.

But I'm clueless on how to do all this...

Anyone?
Mon 29/12/03 at 16:04
Regular
"tokyo police club"
no need to thank me for giving you the ti off about lycos
Mon 29/12/03 at 14:26
Regular
Oh yeah

Games:
XIII
Rainbow Six 3
PGR2
Top Spin
Crimson Skies
Mech Assault (Demo)
Moto GP (Demo)

Cheers
Mon 29/12/03 at 14:23
Regular
Nice

Just make sure yer add me to it please

Gamertag: Warm Ice

Cheers HHAT
Mon 29/12/03 at 13:20
Regular
It'd be fairly simple having a srop down menu that reveals layers once selected, but an even easier way would be to just redirect to another webpage.

If you actually want to do it on Excel, I have no idea ;-D
Mon 29/12/03 at 13:14
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Well Done.

If you wanna do drop down menus in Excel you have to create lookup lists.

I will see what i can knock up later.
Mon 29/12/03 at 12:56
"slightlyshortertagl"
New swanky site and all.

Ok, actually it's identical to before, just a new domain.

So far, it simple redirects you to the Excel file hosted on an FTP, but now we have the domain something else can/must be done.

I'm no web-design meister, but I'm sure one of you *points* know a thing or two about web design.

I'm thinking along the lines of having a drop down list of games, where you select the game and the list of people that have it magically appears.
Then, somewhere else, a list of SR names, select a person, get a list of games they have. Then the same thing with gamertags.

I'm not sure how complicated this'll turn out.

I do have Access (Database thing-ma-bob) if that'll help.

But I'm clueless on how to do all this...

Anyone?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.