GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamer of the year!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 22/08/01 at 17:11
Regular
I am quite un impressed at the fact that both games are racing games and not all that many people have excitebike cant we do a real N64 game like goldeneye. Fastest time around the facility is a much better challenge or just complete the caverns on double 00 agent (Joke).

Right I insist my local sr has a goldeneye competition even though I am unlikely to win.

Alternatively couldn't it be a more mainstream racing game like F-Zero x.

Alternatively and more appropriately the competion is renamed racer of the year. (leading to other competions)
Thu 30/08/01 at 19:56
Regular
done it.unofficial compo underway.
Thu 30/08/01 at 10:33
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Ashley, why don't you make an unofficial GOTY Ninty style, in the Nintendo Forum? we can all post our times, or take photos and post them online.....
Wed 29/08/01 at 18:08
Regular
Hahahahahaha

my army of supporters grow, soon I will be able to take over special reserve.
Wed 29/08/01 at 11:26
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
+ SR, how can your competitions be so good? you give games and DVDs away FREE each day! and now your giving a PS2 and a Gamecube away! your mad, but I guess it gets the gamers up to your shops which they might not normally do.

++ is everyone competing in the GOTY going up on the same day or does the comp last 2/3 days?
Wed 29/08/01 at 11:22
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I agree with Ashley, racing games aren't a skillful game to play but lots of skill are needed to get better times + it's quite intense if a few mates (all good at the games) get together and see whos the fastest, if the times are about a second between it's good fun to watch.
But with p dark and Goldeneye the levels are longer so the times would be further apart but someone can't just come into the shop and complete a perfect Agent level on their first attempt, if they did the time would be quite ridiculous, whereas people who own the game and play the game a lot and know the levels better than the back of their hand can navigate the corners and know how to kill people in the quickest time..blah, blah, blah.

I wish I knew about this GOTY sooner, I havn't been paid for sometime and I really want Excitebike64, shame, Whens the competition being held anyway? maybe theres enough time to get a little practise in.
Wed 29/08/01 at 11:03
Regular
I don't like it and so i won't win a gamecube.
Goldeneye =classic fun + skill required
Racer=Less skill required unless you are the elite in which case this defeats the object of easy to pick up and have a quick blast.
Wed 29/08/01 at 10:56
Regular
racing games only appeal to a small minority and will generally get ignored. Games like goldeneye and PD are interesting to watch and would gather interest in your stores. Fastest times aren't jard to organise. One level takes about as long as a few laps if you choose a shorter one. Afraid of PD lets go goldeneye.
Tue 28/08/01 at 17:37
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Fact - racing games are the easiest games to have competitions with, due to lap times and being very easy to pick up and play. There are no easy ways to get a good time, you just have to be very good. Games like Perfect Dark would be no good for competitions, because people don't want to spend ages completing a whole level, they want a quick blast and then to go home. Stop whining, if you don't like it, then don't win a Gamecube.
Tue 28/08/01 at 16:56
Regular
"I am your father"
Ashley, for once I'm gonna have to agree with you, A challenging game like Perfect Dark, and for those who win the PS2 challenge unless they're amazing at every game ever then the winner will be a PS2 owner. So you have to PS2's what can you do with it?
Tue 28/08/01 at 16:53
Regular
right then Perfect dark it is then. Carringtons Villa perfect.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.