GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New Gameaday and Filmaday Rules"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 22/08/01 at 14:32
Regular
Ali has been asked to ammend the rules of Gameaday and Filmaday. People who post offensive posts, disrupt the forums or use foul language will be excluded from the final judgements and will not win any prizes.
Thu 23/08/01 at 17:03
It's a good thing this isn't a democracy, and isn't covered by the ECOHR because otherwise we'd have free speech. Personally I believe that (Censored by someone who hides in the background). Blast! Still, you must remember that words are merely something that was invented to make understanding people a little easier. True communication is in the understanding of the meaning rather than any use of words. They do say that some 70% of communication is non-verbal, like the signal I'm giving you. BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA. Yes, it is a bit foolish making gestures at my PC, but since no one can see me it doesn't matter (though that also means there's no point). Blast again!
Thu 23/08/01 at 16:59
Isn't this a Prime Topic? What if I had been swearing on the Prime topics board and come over here only to find i'd doomed myself. Now your line is "You should have read the rules when you first came in". Go on, you know you want to. Oh and I did 8'P.
Thu 23/08/01 at 16:57
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Ok, here's a new slant on the rules:

Stop swearing

Hey, it's easy to do, and constant swearing tends to make you look a bit stupid, like you can't express yourself properly and have to swear instead. Profanity is all well and good, but not here please. And remember.

Stop swearing.
Thu 23/08/01 at 16:53
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Tony wrote:

We can't attempt to write precise rules, because people would always find a way to go outside of them.

However, no person using this forums normally would be penalised. We just want to stop the type of person we all dislike. The trouble-makers. Those who consistently go over the top.

Ah right :-)
Wed 22/08/01 at 18:44
Regular
Would you consider b*st*rd swaering as long as it wasn't directed at someone. I used it in an english lesson to describe a child born out of marriage in some 19th centurybook and the teacher reprimanded me on it. It is odd where some people draw the boundary.

It is clearly just a general rule it is hardly likely to result in punisment unless it is frequently broken.

Ok i tried to post this and the forum wouldn't let me. Oh well.
Wed 22/08/01 at 18:37
Regular
Chr!stos wrote:
> TWICE!!!!!!!! SORRY

Your message was about the rubbish filling the forums but it took you three posts to say it! Just to correct a spelling error
Wed 22/08/01 at 18:34
DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN......

just say the above in your head over and over again and you will reliease its just a word....just like pants.

Chris:)

JD99 u Sam Diccoco's bro
Wed 22/08/01 at 18:27
Regular
"Bring back Mullets"
Tony wrote:

We can't attempt to write precise rules, because
> people would always find a way to go outside of them.

However, no
> person using this forums normally would be penalised. We just want
> to stop the type of person we all dislike. The trouble-makers.
> Those who consistently go over the top.

Umm, if it is only to stop the trouble makers that go over the top and the people that everyone dislikes then what is the point. The sort of people you talk about never win GAD anyway because they are to busy typing rubbish to write a good topic.
Wed 22/08/01 at 18:20
Hi ya! Right im guessing that you and ali are the moderators then. Just wanted to know something bout this rule, if the swear word is covered up by *, $, % etc, etc, does that count ?
Wed 22/08/01 at 17:18
"High polygon count"
SHEEPY wrote:
> Like "bloody" or "damn"

Good point, SHEEPY.

Some people do consider that swearing.

I think it's just a case of common sense though, to be honest. I think it's just generally what would be considered 'swearing' in everyday conversation that is unacceptable.

Me and YH have said some very near-the-mark things which, while not 'swearing', could be considered warning material. I'd like to know how Tony & co. feel about that; while it's all tongue-in-cheek fun, I'd stop it if Tony thought it was too much.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.