GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Future Media for Games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 31/12/03 at 19:55
Regular
"Bond - James Bond"
Whatever the future hold for gaming, I have one important suggestion to give to the gaming industry.
While optical discs store a large amount of data, and are suitable for gaming, they fall short of one thing - durability.
Optical discs (CDs, DVDs) can be ruined through a single scratch, wasting someone's hard earned money. My suggestion is to use some kind of protection for optical discs. Here is how it can be done -
Specially designed transparent and light plastic cases might be designed to envelope the disc, so it can be made safe of scratches. Any damages would hurt the plastic cover, and when it becomes unfit, it can be detached and a new one can be put into use. It is a simple idea, but somebody who really matters should ponder about it.
Mon 05/01/04 at 12:34
It's not a bad idea actually, for an extra £1 or something (they shouldn't make it too expencive) games could be made to last longer.

I like the idea.
Mon 05/01/04 at 09:43
Regular
"Bond - James Bond"
HI Maxpowers, can you post your email id in the general chat forum?
I want to make a deal, can you read that special post (Max Powers , Please Read) in the general chat forum.
Sat 03/01/04 at 19:08
Regular
"sharpfox"
u guys future gaming try xbox live
Fri 02/01/04 at 20:24
Regular
"We'll all hellbound"
Wow dharav I just read your stats 24 days and allready a gameaday god you must be good my friends think I should of won a gameaday for my delta force 2 review but I personally think its cack
Also games girl really gets at me because now shes a regular she thinks everyone likes her.
Shes a regular becasue she spammed so much and got banned for it once but then got unbanned.
Fri 02/01/04 at 12:00
Regular
"Bond - James Bond"
Aoe wrote:
> Good idea. But i have a BETTER plan!
>
> Make the games out of diamond = no scracthes (unless you have sharp
> diamonds lying around the place)
Theoritically, this is the best option one can have. But practically, it would be very expensive, you know it too. You could buy 10 original copies of the game in DVDs for 1 Diamond Disc.
Fri 02/01/04 at 11:57
Regular
"Bond - James Bond"
Max powers wrote:
> Its an allright idea but I would think in the future they would modify
> the inside of the console so that it would be scratch proof and then
> sell it in cases. I can see it happening in the near future though
> heres a snapshot from my imagination.
>
> Currys mega sale!
> (woman on the currys adverts explains it)
> Sony PS3 with 5 games 2controllers and a memory card for only
> £100 buy in the next week and get the new protection cases
> inspired by Dharav and produced by ukchatforums your PS3 games will
> never get scratched again!
> (woman stops talking)
> "Currys allways cutting prices"
> (Linda barker walks along with scissors accedently cuts someones
> orchestras off)
>
> The sony PS3 would cost like that in my ideal world because it only
> costs like £5 to make the games. After reasearch that is

Good thought. The games actually cost very less to mass-produce. To replicate cds, it is just 0.5 pounds, with casing etc. it can be around 2 pounds. Its what content license that costs too much. Dont know about DVDs though.

Thanks for giving me the credit. "inspired by Dharav", really liked to read it. Tell you what Max Powers, helping you in the games-girls' poem was relly cool for me. She was not at all trying to understand what I was saying in my threads, and just pin pointing my typos.
Thu 01/01/04 at 13:30
Regular
"\\"
Good idea. But i have a BETTER plan!

Make the games out of diamond = no scracthes (unless you have sharp diamonds lying around the place)
Wed 31/12/03 at 21:53
Regular
"We'll all hellbound"
Its an allright idea but I would think in the future they would modify the inside of the console so that it would be scratch proof and then sell it in cases. I can see it happening in the near future though heres a snapshot from my imagination.

Currys mega sale!
(woman on the currys adverts explains it)
Sony PS3 with 5 games 2controllers and a memory card for only £100 buy in the next week and get the new protection cases inspired by Dharav and produced by ukchatforums your PS3 games will never get scratched again!
(woman stops talking)
"Currys allways cutting prices"
(Linda barker walks along with scissors accedently cuts someones orchestras off)

The sony PS3 would cost like that in my ideal world because it only costs like £5 to make the games. After reasearch that is
Wed 31/12/03 at 19:55
Regular
"Bond - James Bond"
Whatever the future hold for gaming, I have one important suggestion to give to the gaming industry.
While optical discs store a large amount of data, and are suitable for gaming, they fall short of one thing - durability.
Optical discs (CDs, DVDs) can be ruined through a single scratch, wasting someone's hard earned money. My suggestion is to use some kind of protection for optical discs. Here is how it can be done -
Specially designed transparent and light plastic cases might be designed to envelope the disc, so it can be made safe of scratches. Any damages would hurt the plastic cover, and when it becomes unfit, it can be detached and a new one can be put into use. It is a simple idea, but somebody who really matters should ponder about it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.