GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Most disapointing game of 2003?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 03/01/04 at 15:16
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
For me it would have to be True Crime. I had been looking forward to TC since 2002 as I was expecting a good contender for the GTA crown. But I found it to be quite a disapointment.

It lacks the freedom of the GTA games, fair enough you can drive around 250sm of LA, but what can you actually do in them?, nothing much. You can't walk around and go onto rooftops, you can't use any planes, boats, or any other mode of transport other than cars. The cars sound terrible, in fact they sound just like they did in Vigilante 8 on the PS1. Actually the sound effects are just atrocious in general.

The cars also feel pretty underwhelming to drive, they all feel feather light and pretty boring. At least in GTA when you get hold of something like a Diablo Stallion, you feel as though you are driving a powerfull car, as it appears to have some weight to it, and the engine sounds fantastic.

But it's main problem is that it freezes up way too often, you can be half way through a difficult mission and the game will freeze, meaning you need to start over again. A major problem in my opinion.

So for me the most dissapointing game of 2003 was True Crime.

So what game were you least impressed with last year, and for what reasons?
Sun 04/01/04 at 19:15
Regular
CreepyMageecaan wrote:
> amped 2.

I was wondering why no-one in the Xbox forum was talking about that. Even after folks like Ali had assured us it'd be the best snowboarding game ever. Then I pick up GamesTM; Amped 2 - 5/10. Ha.
Sun 04/01/04 at 13:45
Regular
"Ye a know"
Yeah and need for speed underground

It is rubbish
Sun 04/01/04 at 13:44
Regular
"Ye a know"
LOTR games

there boring and repetitive
Sun 04/01/04 at 13:43
Regular
"Touched!"
Need for speed underground/Fifa 2004, online play is crap on both, underground is total pap, both disappointments.
Sun 04/01/04 at 13:41
Regular
"accidental superher"
brute force and enter the matrix
Sun 04/01/04 at 13:32
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
True Crime/Enter The Matrix.

Both hyped up to be amazing. Both tedious and crap.
Sun 04/01/04 at 13:31
Regular
amped 2.
Sat 03/01/04 at 23:00
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Rickoss wrote:
> Perhaps the concept was promising, but the game itself never looked
> very good.

For me the car models looked a bit poor to be honest. I havent really had too much experience with the game so I cant comment too much on it. The concept was definatly promising as if Rockstar said that the new GTA was going to be 250 square miles of LA, every one would be queuing up outside game shops for months before the release date, and claiming Rockstar as the new religion.
Sat 03/01/04 at 22:54
Regular
Hrm...I'm not sure, I always thought THUG was a bit of a dissapointment though.

Although being able to roam around was well-implemented, nothing much has changed. The graphics are fine, but haven't changed much since THPS3, the levels just didn't seem as interesting, I didn't like the Soundtrack as much and the cars were fookin' awful. And the create-a-skater, despite being improved, without the face mapping on the X-box and GC versions, the perosn I made looked nothing like me, and if that's the case, I'd rather be able to as a pro again.

I think the genre is getting just a bit old now, they should leave it for a few years...

(However, ETM was the ultimate fookin' letdown)
Sat 03/01/04 at 22:45
Regular
Perhaps the concept was promising, but the game itself never looked very good.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.