GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"EXTRA EXTRA GAMEADAY PRIZE - SR Towers NOW CLOSED"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 21/08/01 at 11:30
Regular
COMPETITION NOW CLOSED:
Well done everyone, I was most entertained by all of your entries, even the ones that sucked. The winners have been announced, so if you'd care to take a look here, you'll see the best.

Thanks
Ali

------------------------------------------------------

Wow, my very first EEGADP, and it's a corker. All you have to do is design what you think SR Towers looks like. Draw it on paper, then scan it, or design it on your computer, whatever. Just get us your designs of what you think our humble palace looks like and the best design(s) will win the game of their choice, and probably go on my wall. I'll decide how many winners (if any), cos I work here and I'm great.

Things to do:
Be funny
Make me laugh
Be kerrazy, madcap, bonkers and off the wall in your designs

Things not to do:
Use a picture of a Special Reserve Shop

For those of you who can't draw for toffee (exams have just passed and some may still be hurt), feel free to describe your ideas in scary detail.

Go, get to it. Try to get your entries in before September 16th, cos that's when I want them by. Feel free to send by post, you caveman.
Page:
Mon 15/10/01 at 19:54
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
ive just been looking through the entries for this comp again, it brought back so many memories, it seems like only a month ago when we were entering.

i cant wait for the next extra gad like this.
in the customer service forums, i sugested some ideas,one of which sr seem intrested in, design a special reserve christmas card.that would be sooo fun, just like this one was.
Wed 26/09/01 at 12:23
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
If anyone is moaning here i think that it is you. Look, i dunno who you think you are, but i wasnt complaining, i didnt even know that the result had been posted, i justed wanted my picture acknowledged, is that too much to ask for!
Tue 25/09/01 at 20:20
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Excellent I got a reference :-D

My 1 minute drawing which took me 10 mins to upload :-D

Good effort my cheese.

Don't moan you silly people... just ruins the fun for everybody else.
Tue 25/09/01 at 19:23
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
It's funny how it's always the winners who defend the decision................
Tue 25/09/01 at 17:08
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Theres always someone,isnt there.

they dont win,so they moan.

what do you want them to do,judge it again? you lost,thats it.you dont need to go round posting loads of complaints,in this topic and others.

im shore that you worked long and hard on your picture,well so did i, dav1d and everyone else who entered.since you posted your picture,you kept saying that you think YOU would win,then when you didnt it felt bad.maybe next time dont expect it,then if you dont win it wont be so dissapointing.

This competition was not about drawing, it was about imagination.you could spend hours drawing an A4 size average building,with a door and 3 windows and be beaten by a picture thats not even half a piece of A4 but has humour and imagination.

them game pictures in 2 of my entries were not as easy to do as you may think.it took a while to find them,rub and cut out any backround or unwanted features and place them in a good place.i didnt just point click and paste,then see where they landed on the picture.

all this time you spent moaning you could have writen a great post or review or posted some good cheats,with a chance of winning,but you couldnt let it go.

winning a gad,is that your biggest problem? next time before you start moaning about how things for you are unfair,stop and think about all those people in america and you will see that not winning a gad is not the end of the world.

o yeah and thanks to whoever told me what was wrong with my picture links and how to correct them

CDOUCH
Tue 25/09/01 at 09:52
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Mr.Snuggly wrote:
> FM's was good, but could would everyone really have been happy if I chose one
> that had been done in... 23 seconds? I think not. Dav1d's was the best, and
> the 5 CDouch entries up there are the tip of the iceberg, he did
> loads.

Have you looked at my entry? that took me hours.
Tue 25/09/01 at 09:25
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Vewy Twue.

*wonders how long before people start moaning*

I say, in my heart of hearts, that the judge wanted to award FM the best pic but didn't out of fear of finger pointing and general lowing from the herd.

FM, aged 34 1/2, you sir are a genius.
"Ali late for werk"
Tony Hart would have lingered over that one on the board.
I didn't bother to look at the other entries because they can't come close to the insane evil genuis of FM.

Except for Darkus and Loki's "submerged monkey head" idea.

But seeing as I am merely omnipotent and not a judge of this comp, I bow before the almight Snuggly and quietly whisper "Effffff Emmmmmmm Efffff Emmmmmm" to myself.

"Only Red Horse Rainbows Can Save us"
Tue 25/09/01 at 09:19
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
FM's was good, but could would everyone really have been happy if I chose one that had been done in... 23 seconds? I think not. Dav1d's was the best, and the 5 CDouch entries up there are the tip of the iceberg, he did loads.

*holds hand to ear*

Pardon? What did you say?

*looks smug*

Thought so.
Tue 25/09/01 at 08:58
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
FM still won this comp.

It has everything that these forums represent.
Colour, humour and an almost Rain Man level of ability.

FM, I salute you.
Tue 25/09/01 at 07:41
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
Mystique wrote:
> i liked FM's that should have won something
just pure genius

Yeah but it was no artistic talent really.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.