GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anything worth buying on PS2?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 04/01/04 at 13:25
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Last night I went back to playing my PS2 for a while, and I had a look at my collection of games for it. Out of around 25 games, I'm only ever going to play about 3 of them again!

>Manhunt
>PES3
>Stuntman

So I'm probably going to sell most of my games, but obviously I need to upgrade my collection. Since I haven't used my PS2 in a while I'm not exactly up to date with recent releases, or even future releases.

So apart from the 3 exclusives above, obviously, is there anything else, PS2 exlusive, that is worth buying?

Thanks.
Sun 04/01/04 at 15:07
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
SOCOM
Prince of Persia Sands of Time
Amplitude
Beyond Good and Evil
EverQuest Online Adventures

Depends what sort of games you like though. For racers you've got Destruction Derby Arenas coming out this month (during beta testing we remarked that basically it's Gran Turismo with damage if you play in the Endurance Mode). Final Fantasy X-2 is being tipped for February, if you get into that you'll be busy with that and SOCOM II until Killzone (biggest shooter in the history of gaming, basically) which gets released around September time.
Sun 04/01/04 at 13:41
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Seems there is a shortage on great games across all the consoles.

I havn't bought a gamecube game since Mario Kart and before that it was Zelda.

With the PS2 there are quite a few games I want, but all seem to be out in a few months or towards the end of the year.

Out of the exclusive games I liked the GTA games, pro evo soccer games, SOCOM, Tekken 4, smackdown games...
Sun 04/01/04 at 13:36
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Yea I'll most likely be getting GT4, but I hope they can make it a little more interesting than GT3, it was a good game but got very boring after a while.

I'll be getting DRIV3R for the X-Box though.

:)
Sun 04/01/04 at 13:29
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Strangely enough, I'm exactly the same way.

And I've noticed that most games I want/have for the PS2 are now/going to be multiformat, which sort of defeats the purpose of my PS2.

No doubt I'll keep it for GT4 and the next PES, but really, there's not much more I want.
Sun 04/01/04 at 13:28
Regular
"Sorry about speelin"
Stuntmans great

Just wait for GT4 and Driv3r
Sun 04/01/04 at 13:25
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Last night I went back to playing my PS2 for a while, and I had a look at my collection of games for it. Out of around 25 games, I'm only ever going to play about 3 of them again!

>Manhunt
>PES3
>Stuntman

So I'm probably going to sell most of my games, but obviously I need to upgrade my collection. Since I haven't used my PS2 in a while I'm not exactly up to date with recent releases, or even future releases.

So apart from the 3 exclusives above, obviously, is there anything else, PS2 exlusive, that is worth buying?

Thanks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.