GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS 2 Platinum Games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 04/01/04 at 20:03
Regular
I'm a bit of a novice at the consoles and games but since I got the kids a PS2 for Xmas I am shopping around online for a couple of extra games.

There appears to be 2 different types of a game. Can anyone tell me what the Platinum version is and as it always appears to be cheaper than the "normal" version of the game is it inferior in any way?

Thanks
Sun 04/01/04 at 20:41
Regular
Thanks to "Monkey" and Reynolds for the help.

On the subject of platinum games (probably under £20) are there any online stores you would reccommend.

As stated in my first post I am a novice at this and would appreciate any help or advice.
Sun 04/01/04 at 20:28
Regular
Thanks for the reply. The kids will never know the diffrence and it will be a wee bit easier on my wallet.
Sun 04/01/04 at 20:28
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
Here's a list of all the platinum games i am aware of, i think there may be a couple more, but i'm not sure. All should be under £20.

Medal Of Honor: Frontline
Ratchet And Clank
Gran Turismo 3
Burnout 2: Point of impact
The Getaway
The Lord of the rings: The two towers
Crazy Taxi
James Bond 007: Nightfire
Final Fantasy 10
Splinter Cell
Tekken 4
Grand Theft Auto 3
Spyro 4: Enter The Dragonfly
Kingdom Hearts
Timesplitters 2
Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy
Gt Concept 2002: Tokyo-Geneva
Red Faction
Burnout
Fifa 2003
Tekken Tag
Metal Gear Solid 2
James Bond 007: Agent Under Fire
Stuntman
Sun 04/01/04 at 20:08
"Uzi Lover"
It's no different from the game in it's original case, it's just been put on the Platinum range for people to get their hands on it for a better price.

So no, the game and everything is exactly the same apart from the casing it is in.
Sun 04/01/04 at 20:03
Regular
I'm a bit of a novice at the consoles and games but since I got the kids a PS2 for Xmas I am shopping around online for a couple of extra games.

There appears to be 2 different types of a game. Can anyone tell me what the Platinum version is and as it always appears to be cheaper than the "normal" version of the game is it inferior in any way?

Thanks

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.